48

The fear in Petra's eyes was exactly what you expected. Her jaw was clenched her eyes widened, and if you weren't mistaken. If this was a different situation it would've been funny.

When Levi's voice was heard everyone on the floor looked in his direction. You could see Sasha smiling from the left desk along with the other interns.

She and everyone else knew that her tyrannical period was over.

Small Levi pov

This was it right?

This was what I wanted. A distraction. I don't even want to look at her anymore, she's pitiful.
Why did the distraction have to be the person I was needing to be distracted from?

I walked slowly to her, regretting every step.

"Motherfucker." Y/n whispered.

2 more steps and I no longer felt

The elevator door opened to reveal Pixis, Erwin, and Arlene, who was a bit embarrassed.

Arlene?

"Mr. Ackerman, I tried to tell you about your meeting with Mr. Pixis-

"Cancel i-"

"But we're already here, you wouldn't turn us away would you," Pixis stated. He stood me t to Erwin and lifted one eyebrow.

Erwin looks around the room, studying everyone.  He can tell something wasn't right because of the atmosphere. "Is it a bad time? I'm sure we could find a better time."He says.

Arlene turns to Levi and sheepishly smiles. You turn and observe him. "You were both going to listen to Erwin's new project,"

You couldn't read his expression for the reason that Levi lets nothing slip outside his stoic manner.

You give him a reassuring look but he only glanced at you.

—————————————————————————

The netting went smoothly.

Erwin proposed his ideas while Levi, and Pixis while they listened carefully. It was a short thing only lasting maybe 40 minutes.

You only heard the chatter of the business people signaling that it was over, while you sat in a chair in Kenny's old office. The room looked different from when you last came.

There was no alcohol in the cabinets for one, and there were a few white papers that were spread around the desk. You didn't read them out of respect for privacy.

It was a couple of minutes before there was no more noise coming from outside. You walked out into the open area to see the interns together and petra standing alone near an empty desk.

Levi was standing in front of you. The entire room was cold and silent. The only noise was the fluorescent light on the ceiling.

A small rage had grown inside you just being near her.

"Get out." You order.

"You can't fire me-

"But I can." Levi retorts. "So get out."

Petra clenched her jaw in anger. She's done her run is over yet she wants to hold onto whatever she can. "You can't just fire me without a reason."

"You need a reason?" You asked. By now you'd had enough, this had gone on for too long.

Levi softly held your hand and looked at you then back to Petra. "She's right, I can't just fire her without a reason."

Levi folded his arms and eyed Petra. "You violated our rules, vandalized property, invaded my office, insulted your coworkers, and disrespected my interns."