49

It was well into the night, the streetlights were on and the moon shone brighter than all of them. You weren't tired but you were planning to get into bed anyway just for the sake of it.

You wondered how Levi was. If he was thinking about today or anything else. When you too had come home you both split ways and you haven't seen him since.

He probably wanted to be alone, you can respect that.

Your phone began to ring, caller id showed unknown. You picked up the phone and answered the call.

"Hello?" You say.

"Hey, Y/n?" Erwin greeted.

"I'm sorry if this is weird, but I am only calling because I know Levi wouldn't tell me." He admitted.

Tell him?

"Is something wrong Erwin?" You asked.

Erwin chuckles. "I thought you would know?"

"If there was something wrong with Levi?" He stated. "I noticed some tension in the entire room today, and he looked more irritated than normal."

"He's been really stressed out lately and Petra messing with the natural order of his business before could even start anything wasn't very helpful."

"Oh?"

"Yeah but I'm always here whenever he needs me, you don't need to worry about him too much." You added.

"I'm glad that he has you with him, Y/n," Erwin said. "I thought that it was because of Eren and the birds, though I don't know if I would be upset or weird-"

"Birds? What birds?" You asked confused.

Erwin paused. "You don't know? You and Levi didn't know Eren has been smuggling exotic pigeons into (Random place)?"

What the fuck.

This was probably what Mikasa meant when she said, business partners. You don't know what to say about it. It doesn't affect you but out of all the things you didn't know, this was apparently the most important.

"Oh, Y/n I have to go, I'll talk to you later."Erwin finished.

"Yeah ok bye," You say pressing the red button at the bottom of the phone. You stare at the ceiling and then at the floor. "Why would someone...how would he...?"

It was a few minutes later after finishing being confused, that you remembered your conversation with Levi wasn't over.

------------------------------------
Song recommendations (Makes it more melancholy:) You not the same- Tilekid
Watching him fade away-Mac DeMarco

You opened your door and looked in the opposite direction of Levi's room. There was no noise coming from the kitchen, so you were walking to his room first.

Levi sat on his bed, resting his head on the board. He inhaled, closed his eyes, and exhaled. The day replayed in his mind.

He had done it. He had confronted her. Ish. And now he can move on, leave it behind him. It didn't bother him anymore.

Even though it did.

No.

No, it didn't, he needed to remind himself it didn't hurt. 

Yeah.

Three soft knocks on the door caught Levi's attention. He moved off the bed to in front of the door.

Slowly the door opened to reveal you, the only person Levi wants to see. He takes in your presence, your soft smile, caring eyes. The only person he wants to see.