Ch.1

𝗔𝗹𝗿𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁 𝗹𝗲𝘁'𝘀 𝗴𝗲𝘁 𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗼 𝗶𝘁.

"𝙔/𝙣 𝙝𝙪𝙧𝙧𝙮 𝙝𝙤𝙢𝙚, 𝙬𝙚 𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙨𝙤𝙢𝙚𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙤 𝙙𝙞𝙨𝙘𝙪𝙨, " My father said.

"And this is nothing you can't say over the phone" I sighed. I wasn't in the mood to talk to my father. Things between us were always tense but lately, they had been worsened by multiple factors.

"𝙅𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙜𝙚𝙩 𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙦𝙪𝙞𝙘𝙠𝙡𝙮, 𝙞𝙩'𝙨 𝙞𝙢𝙥𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙖𝙣𝙩." With that, he hung up.

You had finished working your shift in the library. You weren't a librarian, no you helped the library financially by filing records and billing stuff.

It was probably a matter of time before you were fired though. Your superiors were suspicious of you and your skills with money since your father filed for bankruptcy about 2 weeks ago.

Whatever it is, he's just lucky I'm only now finished my shift. You thought heading towards your car.

Important my ass, He's probably going to tell me about some new useless way he's "saving money.

You weren't lying, the ways your father tried to save money, because of his bankruptcy, were by limiting your expenses, which didn't help since your expenses weren't all that much, to begin with. That is one of the reasons your relationship with your father was somewhat strained.

Another factor was the bankruptcy itself. You didn't know if it was the fact that he didn't tell you, the fact he tried to hide it from you or, the fact that it could've been avoided altogether.

   Did you ever think to voice these concerns to your father? Of course! Not in the tone of voice, you intended to but you still did.
It's not had any effect though, your father was egotistical, and anything you told him about he should've handled his money went out the other ear.

You pulled up to the driveway and saw one of your neighbors looking out his window at you, nose wrinkled in disgust.

   People gave you dirty looks all the time, only because your father was a scumbag who blew all his money on lavish things, sometimes it didn't faze you, sometimes you were this close to smacking a bitch, and sometimes despite holding it in you were close to crying.

    You ignored the nosy neighbor and get out of your car quickly noticing the new chandelier that hung above you when entering the patio. If he kept on this way it wouldn't be long until the bank took the house as collateral damage or froze his account.

You take out your keys and unlock the door. You step inside and hear a conversation taking place.

"Yes...Yes, I understand......Tomorrow is fantastic Thank you!" The phone hangs up.

"Y/n." Your father walks out of his office smiling.

"Hello, father." You say, resting your bag next to a couch. Why the hell is he smiling? I can't be because of anything I've done. You thought.

Your father was grinning from ear to ear.
It was unnatural.

"What was so important you couldn't tell me over the phone," You said knowing full well it was going to be something stupid.

"Y/n you've heard of Ackerman Industries correct?" He asked. 

"No."You replied. "Never."

"Well, the CEO of their company said he would give me 690 million dollars to help me out." He stated proudly looking at me.

   "So you got off lucky, big deal." You said a bit irritated. All the yelling, and heated conversations for nothing."What the hell does that have to do for me." You questioned.

Y/n's father walked closer to you and put his hand on your shoulder.

"Y/n, you're getting married!"

𝗟𝗺𝗮𝗼
𝗕𝘆𝗲

Wc 605