Chapter 4

I try to get up to see what's going on. Is Jess gone yet? I get to my feet and Cyle grabs my leg and pulls me down.

"Shh... Raychel. We need rest. He bound to be gone now." I look around the room. Steven is still here.

"Where are we?" They room is painted black and the light is dim, but has a red tent.

"Photo develop room." They still have those? I notice trays all on the counters. I see the door is orange. We must be in the art room's "office". Cyle doesn't seem like his childish self.

"Why do you like Chris? What makes him different from any other guy?" Cyle has never seemed jealous of Chris. Maybe Jessie did something.

"Cyle? Are you okay? Did Jessie do something?" He looks up at me and his face fills with anger.

"Raychel! How could you be so oblivious! I watch a women die! Once something like that happens you start to see the side of everything! Chris could just be using you! Every since you got that locket some crazy stuff has happened. Next thing you know you could die! I don't trust that guy!" I never seen Cyle so mad, confused, angry.

"Cyle, you saw it?" I start to chock up my words. I hear the intercom go off.

"He has left the building. He has left the building." We get up. I rest Cyle on my shoulder and we walk outside they room. The art teacher Mrs. Reba is at her desk.

"Are y'all okay? Oh dear! Cyle! Raychel. Y'all are bleeding?" I see her looking at my arm. My elbow is covered in dry blood. Most likely Cyle's. I wrap my hand to take it off. It starts to sting. It's my blood.

"Please help Cyle first." Cyle gives me a Thank-you kind of look. Mrs. Reba guilds him to the sink to clean the shot. Steven is beside me and he's breathing relaxed.

"Raychel, want me to help?" He never been close to me, but we've talked. He's known as the guy anyone can talk too. He doesn't really care who you are. There needs to be more people like him. I nod and reply thank you. Takes some rags and covers them with soap and water. It stings. I let out a few hisses.

"Is your bite okay?" I guess everyone knows about the bite. I look at my chest. It's red and seems to keeps getting bigger.

"Umm. Can you help me with this." He grabs the rag and starts wiping the bite. It doesn't hurt as much as my elbow, but it isn't as fresh. I find my phone in my pocket. I have 2 messages.

Sissy

Hey. I'm at New York. I heard what happened. Are you okay? Call me as soon as possible.

I call her and tell her what happened. She's in New York at the time. She has to go, but is glad I'm okay.

Misty

I'm in the hospital Jess shot me and well.. Alice... Are you okay? Did they catch him? I told Cyle to get you. Please answer!

I at least know Misty is okay. It's scary what can happen in one day. Steven finishes cleaning my elbow and bite. He wraps my elbow and puts patches over the bite. I thank him and grab my phone back out.

Hey Chris. You okay? I'm in the art room with Cyle and Steven. Cyle got shot in the foot and I got hit on the elbow. Wanna come by?

In a few minutes I get a reply.

Chris

Hey I'm coming down. Do you have your stuff with you. We can go home. <3

I reply a Yes thanks and in a few minutes he's here. Cyle has to go to the hospital, but is better then before. I give Cyle and Steven goodbyes and hugs and leave. As I walk out I see Cyle giving Chris the evil eye. I'll talk to Cyle about that later, but I just want to go home. For some reason I calm. I'm not scared even though a few hours ago I would be on the floor crying, but the man in the locket changed me.