Chapter 3

I wake up. I hear the sizzling of bacon. Chris's brother Marcus is up. I finally get up and walk to get some water.

"Hey Raychel. Chris say to tell you to take the meds, drink lots of water, and the eggs are for you." I thank him with a smile. I do as Chris told me.

"Where's Chris at?" He doesn't respond at first then let's out a gasp.

"He's in the shower. Almost forgot there. Hah. I'm not the smartest." I laugh then clinch my stomach. Ouch! Chris wakes into the room. He's hair still is a little wet still.

"Hey. How you feeling?" I don't know how I am. Hurts still, but better than before.

"Umm... Good I guess. Still hurts a little." Marcus goes back to his room and I'm sitting on the bar stool.

"Are you going to be okay? We can skip today. I think they'll understand." I really don't want too. I'm still able to move, but I really don't want to see Jess. He makes me mad. My phone starts to ring. It's Misty.

"Hello?"

"Hey are you okay?! Are you safe? Where are you? Are you with Chris? Raychel are you-"

"Misty calm your tits! I'm fine wanna come and pick me up. I'm at Chris's"

"Ummmm.... Sure... Be there in a bit." We hang up.

"You don't want me to take you?" I smile at him.

"Misty and I have to go and talk to a friend of ours, plus you might want to run. Football practice ring a bell?" I give him a smart ass smile.

"SH-" He runs into he's room. I let out a huge laugh. Gosh he get's so side tracked.

"Bye Babe." He gives me a quick kiss and rushes outside. I noticed he left his keys. I get up and start to walk and get them. I grab them and see he's running to get them. I throw it at him and he grabs it.

I sit waiting for Misty. I get a text.

Misty

Hey Raychel. I found a wheel chair. Want to use it?

I reply a quick Thank You and then get out my laptop. I'm surprised it isn't died. I open it and quickly get onto Minecraft. That game is freakin addicting. No more drugs people! We got Minecraft! Hah. I make myself laugh. Yep. I'm going crazy.

The door bell ring. The door opens and Misty screams hello as loud as possible.

"I'm here Misty! Let me just turn off my laptop and I'll be ready." She rolls a wheel chair into the living room.

"So you likey? I painted it pink when I was 14 when I broke my leg. Now you can use it." She seems to want to use it more then me.

"Also I bought you some clothes you left at my house once. We don't want you to wear something twice now do we?" I let out a laugh. She brought me my old Velvet color skinny jeans and my "I'm A Banana" shirt. She brought my purple beanie too. She straightens my hair and pins my bangs in place.

"Ready? We need to talk to Jess before school just so you know." I nod. I scream bye to Marcus and we get inside her car.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We arrive at school. She get's the wheelchair out of the trunk. I walk over to it and place myself in it.

"Now to Jess we go!" We walk to his room. He sitting and seems to be in a better mood. We walk in and I decide I will seem more serious without the wheelchair.

"Hello Girls. How is your day going?" I can't believe him!

"You liar! How could you!" Misty breathes heavily after each word. "Why Jess? It's not like you. Why? Say it's a lie!" I feel something hit my chest.

"Ahhhhhh!" I fall down. I feel my chest stinging and the bite is bleeding. I open my eyes. I'm in the floral dress again. I feel my chest. There's the leaf. I lost all wonder. I just want to leave. The forest is dark and would make any kid scared, but I'm not a kid.

"Where's the creepy guy coming out of the forest? Where are you?" I'm mad. I just want this over with. I know when I wake up I'm going to be in pain so might as well get it over with now.

"Hello Raychel." The words rush down my spin. I catch my breathe and don't turn around. I let out a breath of air and took one back in. I take another breathe and turn around.

"Why did you bring me-" There's a man behind me. His skin is peeled off his face and his body is covered in old rags. He touches the leaf. I am frozen. He just stares at me. He opens the locket. He smells like ashes.

"Who are you?" I didn't know I had the guts to say that. He looks back at me. He takes  a step back. I never been more scared in my life. I blink. He's still there.

"I am the keeper of the soul. I'm the spirit attached to that locket." I look at the locket. "I brought you here to save you. You are in dear trouble. This locket has spirits not so good attached on it." Maybe whatever attacked me was one of those. "The thing that attacked you was one. You are being attacked right now. That's why your here. So you don't get attacked harder then they would if you weren't here. I am the one who will  protect you. Now, don't you try to get away from the locket. It will only make it worst. Now I have to go, but we will meet again." He smiles and walks away. I fall to the ground.

I wake up and hear loud noise in my ear. I don't open my eyes just to make sure I am not in the dream anymore. I feel something pick me up. I hear whispers around me. Some so faint I wonder if they are even talking or just making sounds. I feel something touch my cheek and I decide it's a good time to open my eyes. It's Cyle and Steven. Steven is a football player with Chris and one of Cyle's good friends. Cyle just puts his hand over my eyes. I hear a scream. I fall to the ground and curl into a ball.

"Raychel be quiet." I've never heard Cyle's voice like this. So calm. Grown up. I open my eyes and Cyle's in front of me. I grab his hands and I squeeze them. I look straight into his eyes.

"Don't take your eyes off me. Okay? Something happened while you were... gone." I want to look around, but I still keep my eyes on him. The background was pitch black and the air was cold. Is this a dream? I let go of one of this hands and feel my chest. No locket. I lean my head on his forehead and start to cry. I'm scared. I have no clue what's happening. I fall asleep.

"Raychel wake up. I need to tell you something." I look up and Cyle is sitting in the corner of a room I've never been in. Steven is on the other side with a few other people, but they are all asleep.

"What happened today?" The old Cyle would never tell me, but he's changed from yesterday to today.

"Someone was shot today. Misty was shot in the arm and Alice was..." He gets chocked up. I can't move. I give Cyle a hug and we sit there.

"You were shot, but something stopped the bullet. The locket." Cyle seems so grown up. I notice something weird. In the dim light I see Cyle's foot was shot.

"Cyle... are you okay?" He nods. I want to ask who did it, but I already know.

Jess.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you liked it. I wanted to show more of Cyle. He is going to be a MAJOR character... So all of this might not seem importent, but trust meh... it is ^.^ Night Night

Chris-------------------------------------------->