Part 19 Halo

George's POV

All of us were out at Joe's bar singing karaoke when a woman I'd had a crush on since day one at Seattle Grace Hospital had gotten on the platform and took her turn. All of us cheered her on in encouragement. As soon as the music started I instantly recognised the song. It was secretly one of my favourites.

🎶Remember those walls I built?
Well, baby, they're tumblin' down
And they didn't even put up a fight
They didn't even make a sound
I found a way to let you win
But I never really had a doubt
Standin' in the light of your halo
I got my angel now

It's like I've been awakened
Every rule, I had you breakin'
It's the risk that I'm takin'
I ain't never gonna shut you out

Everywhere I'm lookin' now
I'm surrounded by your embrace
Baby, I can see your halo
You know you're my savin' grace
You're everything I need and more
It's written all over your face
Baby, I can feel your halo
Pray it won't fade away

I can feel your halo, halo, halo
I can see your halo, halo, halo
I can feel your halo, halo, halo
I can see your halo, halo, halo

Hit me like a ray of sun
Burnin' through my darkest night
You're the only one that I want
Think I'm addicted to your light
I swore I'd never fall again
But this don't even feel like fallin'
Gravity can't forget
To pull me back to the ground again

It's like I've been awakened
Every rule, I had you breakin'
The risk that I'm takin'
I'm never gonna shut you out

Everywhere I'm lookin' now
I'm surrounded by your embrace
Baby, I can see your halo
You know you're my savin' grace
You're everything I need and more
It's written all over your face
Baby, I can feel your halo
Pray it won't fade away

I can feel your halo, halo, halo
I can see your halo, halo, halo
I can feel your halo, halo, halo
I can see your halo, halo, halo
I can feel your halo, halo, halo
I can see your halo, halo, halo
I can feel your halo, halo, halo
I can see your halo, halo, halo

Halo
Halo

Everywhere I'm lookin' now
I'm surrounded by your embrace
Baby, I can see your halo
You know you're my savin' grace
You're everything I need and more
It's written all over your face
Baby, I can feel your halo
Pray it won't fade away

I can feel your halo, halo, halo
I can see your halo, halo, halo
I can feel your halo, halo, halo
I can see your halo, halo, halo (Ooh-ooh)
I can feel your halo, halo, halo
I can see your halo, halo, halo
I can feel your halo, halo, halo
I can see your halo, halo, halo🎶

From the first note that came out of y/n's voice I was enthralled. But one thing I didn't fail to notice was the fact that y/n never took her eyes off me as she sang. Everyone whooped and applauded her when she'd finished and passed the mike onto the awaiting person. When she rejoined us, I handed her a drink I'd bought her. "Y/n, that was insane!" I told her in awe. "Thankyou. The singing vocation didn't end well so had to go with my second choice of career." She explained. "Wait, you never got signed? With a voice like that?" I said amazed. She shook her head. "I'm obviously not good enough but I couldn't bring myself to walk away from it completely." She said, shrugging her shoulders.

*Timeskip and y/n's POV*

Later, as Joe was closing his bar up for the night, George offered to walk me home. It was particularly chilly tonight but being the gentleman that he is, he took off his jacket and wrapped it around my shoulders then, he held me into his side for extra warmth. "I felt like yon were singing to me up there." He stated. "Um, that would be because I was. There's a secret that I've been trying to hide from you. For that I hope you'll forgive me. I've had my reasons of course but I think now would be the time to come clean." I told him. "Since I first met you at the hospital, I- I've developed a really big crush on you and I can't make it go away." I said quickly. "Do you want it to go away?" He asked me, softly. "In all honesty, I love the way you make me feel, I do. But it's just that at the same time, I'm a little afraid of it because of how I thought you'd react." I said. "And how did you think I'd react?" He asked looking at me intently. "I thought you'd be repulsed. That you'd never want to speak to me again." I confessed. "Y/n. I'm not repulsed. I could never be repulsed not by you in any capacity. If anything, I'm on top of the world that you feel that way about me. Because the truth is, I have a really big crush on you as well." He admitted. "I'm not repulsed, y/n. I'm delighted. I'm so happy right now I could set the sky on fire." He said. "You really mean it? Because you're ridiculously wonderful and I'd feel such a loser if you were just being the usual kind, adorable sweetheart that you are. I don't want to feel like a fool for even telling you." I told him sincerely. "Look into my eyes, y/n." I did and I saw that he was not pretending just to be kind. "My feelings for you are sweet and true." He confirmed. "Please forgive my cautiousness. I've had to learn to be the hard way." I admitted. Our lips were only a tiniest gap away, I hadn't even been aware of the fact that we were both moving closer together. "I understand completely." He whispered. He was so close now, his whisper was almost like a shout. Then he gently took hold of my neck and closed the gap between us and then he was kissing me. I melted into him and kissed him back. We continued our walk to my house and I invited him in. "Can I get you a drink?" I offered. "I'm fine thankyou. I had enough at Joe's." he said. "What's your favourite song to sing?" he asked. "Oh. Now you're talking." And after thinking about it, I gave him an answer. "Oh is that the kind of music you generally listen to then?" He asked in surprise. "Yeah I mean. I'm eklectic when it comes to music but from the 70s decade, that music was awesome." I said. "Yeah it was. Have you gone to any live concerts?" he asked. We continued talking largely about music until the early hours of the morning. When it was time for him to go, I stood to see him off. "Ooh! Don't forget your jacket." I said as he opened the door. "Oh! Thankyou. I'll need that tomorrow. Are you on shift tomorrow?" He asked. "No. I've got a couple of days, but how about I meet you for lunch?" I asked enthusiastically. "Yeah that'd be great. I'll get to see you sooner than I expected." He said grinning. "OK. I'll see you tomorrow." I said as he leant down and gave me a kiss goodbye which I deepened in reluctance to let him go.

George's POV

The feel of her lips on mine was beyond any description I could possibly give. And as I turned to walk away from y/n's front door, I felt like the king of the world. I felt like just for once I'd gotten the girl and what a girl she was. Y/n is literally easily the prettiest girl in the whole hospital. That night in bed I lay awake with her beautiful voice singing in my head especially now since she confirmed to me that she sang it to me. Her kisses and practically everything I'd learnt about her tonight were etched in my memory now. I could still feel her lips on mine, her skin on my skin, her scent in my brain. I very much looked forward to the lunchdate the following day. In my dreams she sang for me again and again like a syren she enchanted and enthralled me. I hoped that in her bed she was lying there thinking and dreaming of me. Deep down, I knew that I was falling in love with her with each passing moment, I couldn't help it. I wanted to believe that eventually she'd fall in love with me. I usually wasn't a believer in the whole angelic stuff but she was my very own angel and she was the one with the halo, not me.