Part 8 Haircut

I hadn't seen my friend and humungus crush for a while due to an alteration on my shift patterns. Today though I saw Dr George O'Malley just coming into the cafeteria but he looked... different. I barely recognised him at first. His wonderful wayward mop of black curly hair was gone! "Hey George. Haven't seen you for a while." I said rushing to hug him. He was pleased to see me too. "Hi, y/n. It's so good to see you! I've missed you like crazy." He said. "I've missed you too. And the mop is gone." I stated, pouting. "Yep, the mop is gone." He repeated. "But why is the mop gone? I loved the mop." I moaned. He rubbed his hand across his hair. "I hated the mop and I was glad to see the back of it." He said grinning at my misery. "As long as you're happy. That's the main thing I guess. I'll just have to get used to mourning for the loss of the mop." I pouted again. He laughed at me. "I do like it like this I just prefer the curls." I added. "Why are you so obsessed with my curly hair?" He asked. "I love it. Its part of your whole image." I told him. I wasn't sure if he knew how I feel about him but I think now from the redness of my cheeks that he was beginning to suspect. "I will miss it." I mumbled. We both eventually left the cafeteria together. "So how have you been lately?" He asked. "It's been insanely busy these past few weeks. It's a shame I haven't seen you around to make it more bearable." I said. "I feel the same you know. You always make me feel better, especially when Dr Karev's been an absolute asshole. Seeing you, helps me to endure it." He admitted. He seemed more shy than usual. I loved that about him. "I'm always here for you. Whatever you need." I told him the truth. The more I looked at him with his new hair, the more I fell in love with him. "What are you thinking?" He asked. "Your hair. It's already growing on me." I said softly looking into his warm, round eyes. We were in the locker room by now. "Good. I hope it hasn't made you go off me." He said. So he did know how I felt about him. "Nothing ever could." I admitted softly, blushing even more. He was leaning towards me, closing the gap between us. He touched my cheek and his lips touched mine. "I'm in love with you too, y/n." He said as we parted. The absence of his lips on mine and his body up against me was too much to bear. I pulled him close to me and kissed him back more feverishly. "Why not come to my house later?" I suggested.

George's POV

I kissed her again. "Yes please. Should I bring something?" I asked. "I only want you." She replied, her arms wrapped around my neck. I grinned softly at her. Her eyes twinkled longingly. "We better get back to work." She said. I nodded and she reluctantly released me. "Until tonight." I whispered. She smiled. "Until tonight." She repeated. We made ourselves leave the locker room and got back to our respective duties.

Later, I went back to the locker room to find y/n ready stood in front of her locker. I stood behind her and placed my hands over her eyes. "Hello George." She said enthusiastically. She pulled my hands away from her eyes and turned to face me. "You ready?" She asked. "Give me a minute to change then yes. I will be." I said. She giggled and said "Tick tock O'Malley." She jested. She wore black jeans, a red and black checked shirt which was tied up so her abdomen was showing, a leather jacket and black ankle boots with little heels. She wore her y/h/c hair down which was a lot longer than I expected and was wavy and smelt of apples and cinnamon. I gulped at the sight of her. She was gorgeous of course but seeing her hair down sent my heart racing, she looked hot. When I was changed and ready to go she asked me how she looked. I raked my eyes over her again and again, not able to get enough of her. "Like a goddess." I muttered with my eyes wide and my jaw hitting the ground. I loved her style. "Is that you, Dr y/l/n?" Called a voice behind us. We paused and turned. "Yes." She said facing the speaker as Alex. Immediately a familiar feeling began to bubble and boil in my stomach. "Wow! You are smokin'!" He stated. I secretly agreed with him but I hated that he was admiring her too. "See you soon, Dr Karev." She said coolly. We left the hospital and made for y/n's house. "I see what you meant, he really is an asshole." She told me. "He is right about you though. You look insanely hot." I told her. "Don't tell him I agreed with him." I added hastily. "Secret's safe with me." She said with a grin. I sighed gratefully. In next to no time we'd reached her house and were walking in through the door. "Are you busy at all tomorrow?" I asked her. "No I'm off but I'm supposed to catch up on stuff around this place. It can wait though." She told me. "I'd like to ask you out on a date." I said. She grinned and blushed before nodding her perfect head. "Yeah, I'd love that." She said, caressing her lips onto mine. We could not keep a certain distance from each other for very long, she was utterly irresistible. The scent of her hair was absolutely intoxicating. "Why do you keep smelling my hair?" She asked. "Because it smells like Christmas." I replied, drinking in the scent once more. "I can't get enough of it and I can't get enough of you." I added. I loved the way she ran her fingers through my own hair. "God I wish I could've done this with your curls." She moaned. "I can always grow them back, just for you." I told her softly. "I thought you hated them?" She said. "I did. But they obviously made you fall in love with me." She laughed at me. "You think it was your hair alone? I fell in love with you, yes your hair was a contributing factor but it wasn't the only thing." She answered. "What else?" I asked. She shook her head. "You want me to bolster you. You don't need bolstering. I fell in love with you and you didn't even need to try to make that happen." She said. This was true. Initially, I didn't even know. I didn't realise it until that moment in the cafeteria. I nodded slowly. She kissed me passionately to show me how much she meant all that she said. She really did genuinely love me, the way she kissed me and pressed her body against mine told me as much. And I loved her like I'd never loved anybody before. She was my goddess and I'd even grow my mop back especially for her.