Part 15 Declarations

George and I were walking hand in hand after he'd finished at the hospital that evening. He was to come over to mine and have dinner, watch a movie with me with a drink then stay over that night. I was looking forward to it so much. Not only was I deeply infatuated with him but I also adored his company. I loved being around him. I've wanted to tell him just how much I loved him and what he meant to me but I could never get the words out. He was telling me about his shift and the things he did well when I slipped out how much I loved him. He stopped dead on my front door step next to me and stared at me. "You love me?" He asked after a long moment of silence. "Yes." I said in a hushed voice after I pulled him towards me and kissed him. "I love how much you light up when you talk about the good things in your work, about the people you help. I love the way you speak gobbledegook whenever you get flustered, I love the way your eyelashes flutter when you sleep. I love the way you seem oblivious to how intense my staring at you gets. I love the way you blush whenever I whisper something erotic in your ear. I love the way you tenderly kiss and trace the nape of my neck when you think I'm asleep. I love the way your eyes twinkle when you laugh. I love you George O'Malley, I love everything about you." I declared. He couldn't say anything but he kissed me passionately as if he'd never done before. He held me tightly to his body as he did this, utterly unwilling to let me go. We were still stood on my front doorstep when he studied my eyes for a moment. "I've wanted so much to say that I am so in love with you, y/n. I could never find the right way to say it. No amount of romantic gestures or any words I said would convey as much. Nothing would do my feelings for you any justice." He told me. "A simple I love you too would've sufficed." I said. He looked at me real serious. "No, it wouldn't." He disagreed thoughtfully. Deep down, I knew what he meant. I unlocked the front door and we both entered through it and took our jackets off. "I'm no great shakes with words like you are so the best I can do is to show you how much I love you." He whispered. "How do you suppose to do that?" I wondered. He took hold of my wrist gently, held it to his nose and took on my scent. Then he did the same thing with a section of my hair and appreciated how it felt in his fingers. "I love how you smell." He began. He raked his eyes over me. "I love how you look." He said a little huskily. He then traced his fingertips delicately on the bare skin of the nape of my neck. "I love how you feel under my touch." He said all the quieter. He kissed my sweet spot where he last touched with his fingers, making me let out a breathy moan. "I love how your voice sounds." He went on. He then kissed my lips passionately again, like he did back outside. "And I love how you taste on my tongue." Those last words sent shivers down my spine. "I do love you with everything that you are. I love you more." He said before he kissed me again. He could do this again and again for the rest of eternity, I didn't care. "Everything you do, every word you say makes me smile. Everytime you smile at me fills me with something I can't even begin to describe, especially with that cheek dimple. I'm in love with how you make me feel and I don't ever want it to end." He added. If none of what he said was heartfelt, I wouldn't know what possibly would be.

George's POV

Everything I told her was absolutely 100% true but I just hoped that she felt that I spoke it all from the very depths of my heart. I hoped it would be enough to make her see it. And I could not believe my luck that she could ever love me the same way that I loved her. At the same time though, it terrified me, I'd never felt like this about anybody before. "I've never felt like this before. About anybody. Nobody can make me feel the way you make me feel. Only you." I told her. I then noticed a familiar smell coming from the kitchen. It caught my attention. "Is that what I think it is?" I asked. "You mean did I make your favourite for dinner, yes I did." She confirmed. My heart melted even more. Just then, as she turned to go into the kitchen, she did that really adorable thing she does with her nose, kind of like a rabbit nose twitch. She hastily dished up and I was about to set the table for her when I saw that the table had already been laid. She brought it out as I'd poured out some wine in the glasses that were on the table. We took our seats in the dining chairs and talked as we ate. We'd decided the movie we'd be watching and finished the bottle of wine from the table. "I also made your favourite dessert as well." Y/n stated as I retrieved the empty plates and took them out to the kitchen. I melted again. "I really do not deserve you." I told her. "Nonsense. If anybody was to deserve me at all, you would deserve me the most above anybody else." She said, insistantly. "And besides, shouldn't I be allowed to choose for myself who does or who does not deserve me? Shouldn't be up to me to decide?" She asked. "Yeah of course. That goes without saying. Sometimes though, I believe that you are too good for me." I had to be honest with her. "Oh sweet George. I've already decided that we are deserving of each other. We are good for each other, let us both be sure of that." She declared. I thought about this for a minute. "I love you. And I know within the depths of my heart that you love me just as much. I feel it." She went on, studying my eyes. "I do love you. More than words can ever say." I said. The evening had zipped by all too quickly for either of our liking and we were laying in each others arms in her bed. It may have been a simple night, but it was by far one of the best of my entire life.