20

* ─────────° ° ───────── *

The scenery was amazing as we walked on, beautiful tall trees directly to the side of us. I looked up at Peter's concentrated face focusing in front. I smiled to myself, holding a grip on his muscular arms.

I looked up to notice some yellow in the distance; I squinted my eyes, trying to see what it was. I quickly locked eyes with Peters. He raised an eyebrow at me as I grinned back. As I came closer, I realised it was a massive field. Not just any field, it was filled with beautiful bright flowers.

"Woah." I breathed out, depicting all the yellow flowers as Peter held me walking. He looked down at me with a serious face. I smile at him, tugging his shirt and making him stop in the middle of the field. "You like it?" He asks. The edges of his lips turn up only slightly but are gone before I can comprehend it.

"It's so beautiful. I want to get down." I say with desperation looking up at him with the most innocent face possible. He only shakes his head, frowning. "No, Love. You will hurt yourself further." He warns, looking down at me disapprovingly. "pleaseeee." I wine out with sadness.

He chuckles, thinking for a moment, "Some other time, Princess, I promise." He says as he begins to walk. "When?" I ask him excitedly. "After we get you bandaged up." He told me, regripping me. I huff out, sighing as I bury my head into his chest.

We settled into a comfortable silence as the sounds of nature echoed through our ears. I had never noticed the animals that lived here, but I found myself spotting quite a few birds and bugs. The ground was covered in the silhouette of the leaves of the trees as they hung above us, enclosing us in comfort and warmth.

I never really loved summer or the sunlight, yet I found the sun's warmness on my skin made pleasurable tingles go down my spine. I sigh, looking out into the distance again—this time noticing something bigger further down the path. I looked up at Peter, who didn't show any emotion other than concentration on his face.

I tried squinting my eyes; it looked like something big in the trees, on a few. Something like a treehouse? No, it's too big to be a treehouse. I watched the brim of the trees become bigger and bigger as Peter walked on. I re-positioned myself on Peter, making him look down at me; I gave him a questionable look. He only let out a half-smirk patting my head.

My eyes opened in shock, and my mouth hung open, realising it was a massive treehouse. There was a little path that led up to the vine-covered two-story house. "Oh my gosh." I breathed out, amazed. Peter looked down at me, "You like it, Angel?" He said, smirking down at me. "It's beautiful," I say, smiling at him.

He looks away, hiding his smile as he begins to walk up the path to the large entrance. I took in all the details of the house; it was so different from the homes in my area, yet I found these types of dwellings way more relaxed and comfortable.

Once we got inside, Peter took me straight to an enormous bedroom overlooking the fore; I wasn't even mad that I didn't get to see the rest of the house. However, my happiness ended when Peter pulled out the first aid remembering why he had taken me here.

I watched as he set it down next to me on the bed as he kneeled in front of me. Before he could do anything, I quickly took the bandage he was reaching to get. He looked at me confused, raising an eyebrow. "I can do it myself," I say firmly. Why must I always act so weak when Peters is around? I am not weak; I can do things myself. He only chuckled at my anger watching me.

I scooted further onto the bed to give me space and took the bandage in my hand. Fuck how am I supposed to tie this? I struggled to try to tie it around the wound on my foot. Why is it so hard to do such a simple thing?! I let out a frustrated sigh as I retried. I looked up to see Peter smirking at my frustration. "Need any help, Princess?" He asked, amused.

"No, Peter, I do not need any help. I can do this just fine." I say, angry, just as the bandage knotted. I huff out, giving up and flopping onto the bed and shutting my eyes. I knew Peter was watching me, which made me even more frustrated. I only heard a small chuckle as he bandaged up my foot, unbothered.

I sat up as he stood in front of me with an emotionless face. I murmured a quick "Thank you". He didn't respond, only leaning over the end of the bed towards me. "huh", I say under my breath, only to be pushed down onto the mattress.

* ─────────° ° ───────── *

Word count: 895