19

* ─────────° ° ───────── *

"Oh my, really? I have never been to the beach." She retorts. "Well, then it's a perfect time to go," I say calmly with a smile.

I head toward the beach as she sticks to my side like glue. "So what did Peter say about the tent, Wendy?" I ask curiously. "Oh, yeah, he told me I can sleep in one of the tents alone at the far end of camp." She replies, frowning. "I was hoping we could share a tent, or at least I could get one of the boys." She says well, putting her light brown hair behind her ears.

I only hum in response, unsure of what to say. "Maybe we could have a sleepover if Peter won't let us stay together?" She says, grinning and jumping. "Oh...I'm not sure if Peter would let us." I reply with fake sadness. When she was about to reply, she gripped onto me, making me trip fall.

We both fall onto the floor with a thud. I grounded in pain and noticed a great discomfort in my foot, realising it had been banged against a rock, the impact making my boot come off. Ignoring the pain, I sat up and went to see if Wendy was alright. "Wendy, are you hurt?" I ask her worriedly.

She opened her eyes, sitting up; I could see her eyes well up. She lifted her arm to show a light scrape. "You're not bleeding anywhere?" I ask her, making sure she wasn't actually hurt. "no, I'm not, but I'm injured greatly on my arm."

Injured greatly? Does she mean the little graze on her arm?

Ignoring her remarks, I inspected my foot; it looked pretty bad. It was swollen and red; I noticed a bruise was starting to form. I sighed out; I probably only twisted it. I pray it's not that bad. "Anastasia, I'm too hurt to go on; we are returning to camp", She demands, sniffling.

I wasn't sure I could get up and walk back to camp, frankly. "Okay, is it alright if you head back by yourself? I'll be a moment." I ask her. She nods her head, beginning to walk back.

I try to stand up, using a nearby tree to hurl myself up. I hobble, regaining balance and hop to get my boot. Thankfully the camp wasn't too far as we didn't get that far to the beach. Again, I used the trees to balance myself and try to walk on my hurt foot instead groan out with pain.

Shit, that hurts.

I decide to hop back to camp instead of injuring my foot further.

***

Once I get close, I notice Wendy crying over to Peter. She was clinging onto his arm, sobbing onto him. Peter looked uninterested in her; instead, he saw me stumbling and quickly coming over, leaving Wendy behind.

"Princess? Are you hurt anywhere?" He asked me, holding on to me. He notices the discomfort in my face as I look down at my foot. I inhaled sharply in shock as he picked me up, making me almost giggle if not for the soreness in my foot.

"How did this happen?" He asks anger laced in his voice as his eyes look over to Wendy wailing and being smothered by treatment from a few boys. "Well, I was taking Wendy on a walk to the beach, but then we accidentally both tripped over the same branch and fall," I say to him, almost whispering. He only hummed in response.

I wasn't telling a lie, but it wasn't all the truth. Wendy actually dragged me down with her making her landing on the ground softer.

Peter took me out of the camp, holding me bridal style. "Uhm..where are we going, Peter?" I ask him getting nervous. "We are going to treat your wound." He tells me, picking up the pace of his walk.

Where the fuck is this psycho taking me? I don't want to leave the camp?!

A wave of pain from my foot washes over me as I bundle my head into Peter's chest, snuggling my head in as he pats my head soothingly.

I'll be honest, I might have been a tincy bit exaggerating, but I was too comfy to move, plus I couldn't be bothered to move. Well, it still hurt, it throbbed, but it wasn't as bad as literally every other injury I have had, including getting shot which hurt a shit ton.

* ─────────° ° ───────── *

Word count: 763