18

*✧ ─────────✧° 。 ✦ 。 ° ✧───────── ✧*

It was not long until Wendy was by my side, word-vomiting about random shit I couldn't care less about. Finally, after a few minutes of her rambling, I butted in, starting to show her the different places of the camp. Once I had finished the tour, she tapped me on my shoulder.

I turned round to her with a questionable look. "Uhm...this might sound weird...but are you and..." She then looked away, shaking her head. "huh?" I asked her with confusion. She hesitated before smiling. "Never mind." She said, giving me a weird-looking grin. "ah..okay.." I replied, weirded out.

"I'm so glad we are friends, Anastasia." She told me, grinning. Friends?? When did we become friends? Did I miss something? "Ahaha, yeah," I replied, unsure getting uncomfortable. "We are going to have soo much fun with each other!"

"Uhm, yeah," I say, giving her a half smile. "So, where is my tent?" She asks, completely changing her emotions. I stared at her for a few seconds, weirded out but came to my senses. "Oh, I don't know," I tell her looking around.

She was quick to reply, "Oh, where's your tent? Maybe we can share?" Uhm, no way, Wendy. "Maybe you should go ask Peter where your tent is. I'm sure he would know." I say to her politely, smiling warmly. She nods at me, "Good idea, my lovely friend."

Lovely friend? What type of person says this? I know I said I wanted a friend, but if this is what friends say to each other, no way.

I watch as she walks away in the direction where I first met her. I stay frozen in the spot, thinking about the weird interaction, until I notice the group of boys from before walking towards me.

Woah, Déjà vu-

They were all walking in hushed voices until they came to me overflowing with questions, overwhelming me.

"Did you talk to the girl Anastasia?"

"Oh yeah, I did."

"Was she nice?"

"Yeah, I think?"

"Is she staying in camp?"

"I think so; she's getting a tent."

I tried to answer as many questions as possible, but they kept shooting them at me.

"Guys, stop overflowing her with questions," one of them butts in. "Can't you see she's overwhelmed?" He continues. I looked up to the boy that spoke; he had blond hair and blue eyes. He looked like he could have been my brother with similar features.

I gasped as he looked at me, confused. "You look like me but uglier." I retorted, laughing. All the boys laughed at him as he gasped sarcastically. "Is that really how you thank your savour?" He scoffed, showing off his imaginary muscles.

I rolled my eyes, "Who said I needed saving." I say, sticking my tongue out to him. "I did." He says back with sas flicking the little hair he has for dramatic effect.

Just as I was about to make a snarky comment, one of the boys whispered in the group. "Wendy is coming towards us." I look behind me to see her skipping toward us with a big smile. Some of the boys glare well; others roll their eyes.

I guess they don't like her? These boys are judgy.

She waves at us from close by; I notice none of the boys returns it, so I wave back, giving her a small smile. One of the boys nudges me probably to say, 'why the hell did you wave back.' I rolled my eyes at him as Wendy approached the group.

"Hello, I'm Wendy!" She says, stopping right in front of us. She flutters her eyelashes and plays with her hair eyeing each of the boys up and down. She finally acknowledges me smiling at me. My look-alike was the first to speak, "Do you need anything?"

"Well, Peter told me to ask someone to go on a walk with." She replies, looking at the blond. I could feel all the boys tense up, "Sorry, Wendy, we were just about to go hunting, but I'm sure Anastasia would love to take you on a walk." The blond responded, looking at me with a smug smile.

Oh, Woah, way to throw me under the bus.

I secretly sent a glare his way, making sure Wendy didn't see. All the boys nodded in agreement, patting me on the back and walking away. She looked my way with a huge smile. "Oh, I'm so happy you are taking me on a walk, Anastasia!"

I just smiled, "Yeah..." She took my hand, taking me over to the edge of the camp. "So, where are we going to go?" She asked me, looking my way.

"Uhm, how about the beach?" 

*✧ ─────────✧° 。 ✦ 。 ° ✧───────── ✧*

Word count: 781