Stay

Thanks to @Natalie_Ann for the cover :)

-----------------------------------------------

Introduction:

My life as Maria Mancini has always been pretty good. I am the typical American. I grew up in the South Carolina town of McClellanville. It is an old coastal town known for its authentic charm and beautiful beaches. It was everything I had ever known and yet it was all I ever wanted to. Most kids in my town want to grow up and get away; go see California or visit the bustling Big Apple, but not me. I could stay here my entire life and be perfectly content.

I loved the way it smelled when the wind blew in from the sea. You could practically taste the salt in the air and feel the ocean water on your skin. I loved how I could ride my bike all over town and people would stop their cars for me so I could cross the road. I loved how you know practically everybody and yet nobody is too nosey and knows all of your business. Simply said, I love it here and I would never want to leave and nothing can ever change that fact.

At least that was what I thought, until a boy by the name of Evan Thompson bumped into me on the beach the summer after my junior year. He changed my perspective on everything.