Chapter 18: Aidan

"Okay Mike, I'd like the entrance to face east, that way when people go outside for activities or events, they can see the ocean. I want it to feel like a breath of fresh air."

The project manager I'd hired nodded along with my words. I was particularly satisfied with this construction company; Mike was excited to be a part of this project, and while talking I'd realized that he not only understood the plans, but he could picture it in his mind and understood the importance of the building.

Mike had brought along his foreman and a couple of other guys who were going to be onsite during construction. When I'd noticed this, I'd almost asked Callie to stay in the car. I didn't know these guys, and I didn't trust them around her. I was beginning to feel possessive, and I was struggling between hating it and embracing it.

In the end, I knew that if I'd asked Callie to stay in the car it would've only made her want to go more- plus piss her off. I had asked her to stay close to me however, and amazingly she'd agreed without any questions or arguments.

I'd introduced myself to the guys, and then Callie. They'd all tipped their hats at her and introduced themselves as well. They hid their surprise at my bringing my girlfriend to the site well, and they stayed respectful to Callie and me. I was immediately impressed with that, and stopped worrying about whether it'd been a bad idea to bring Callie with.

We'd gone into the trailer the construction company already had onsite and I'd laid out the plans for the guys. We'd sent them mock-ups previously so they were familiar with the general idea. I went over the changes, answered some questions, and then we'd gone out to the land itself.

I'd been so deep into the conversation with the four guys in the trailer that I'd almost forgotten Callie was there. She hadn't interrupted, just quietly observed. I'd motioned for the four guys to leave the trailer ahead of me, and gave into the urge to kiss Callie quickly. She seemed caught off guard, and I hadn't lingered long enough to let her kiss me back.

"What was that for?" She'd smiled lightly as she asked, fingers going up to touch her lips unconsciously.

I grinned back. "No specific reason. I just wanted to." I'd grabbed her hand and led her outside to walk the property. I didn't let go of her hand the whole time and she seemed content to quietly take everything in. Every now and then, when the construction guys would discuss a specific detail between themselves, she'd stand on her tiptoes to quietly ask me a question about what I envisioned, or clarify some term or idea she didn't quite understand.

After making a round over the land, I shook hands with the guys and made sure they had my contact information in case they had any other questions or issues. I told them I'd be stopping by occasionally to check out the progress and they said they looked forward to it. Callie moved forward, hand outstretched to shake their hands as well.

"Thanks for letting me trail along guys," she said sweetly. That was the first time they'd really heard her say anything other than hello, and I could tell that I wasn't the only one easily mesmerized by her voice. The four of them were tripping over themselves to assure her it was their delight and not a problem at all. I watched Callie to make sure she wasn't feeling uncomfortable but she just smiled serenely back at them and waved as I wrapped an arm around her waist to lead her away. I liked these guys so far, and I didn't want to hate them just for realizing what an amazing, beautiful person Callie was so I took her away from them before that hint of jealousy started to overwhelm me.

I calmed down as soon as Callie wrapped her other arm around my back and stuck her hand in my back pocket. I jumped slightly when that hand squeezed my butt. Her little giggle warmed me and I mock scowled at her which only made her laugh more.

"That hand is going to get you into trouble if you're not careful," I growled teasingly.

We reached the car and before I could open her door for her, she leaned back against it and looked up at me.

"What if I don't want to be careful?"

I was hard as steel in an instant at her words and the heat in her eyes. I stepped closer, crowding her into the door, my hands coming up to rest on the top of the car above her head. She only tilted her head back farther, staring at me with those purple eyes. Her hands came up from her sides to slip her fingers into the belt loops on my jeans. She pulled me even closer, our hips meeting and pressing together. Her eyelids lowered in satisfaction at the full contact and even more of my blood rushed south.

She made this humming sound in the back of her throat when she felt my cock pulse against her through our jeans, and when she shifted her body to get some friction my control snapped. My hands shot into her hair, cupping her head to hold her still while my mouth crashed into hers.

Even with the ringing in my ears from the sensations rushing through me at the feel of our lips and tongues finally touching again, I heard and felt her moan reverberate through me. I bit her lip softly and she gasped into my mouth. I bit her lip again, harder.

"Aidan," she moaned softly. I loved hearing my name in that honeyed voice, and I resolved to hear it again if it was the last thing I did. I wanted to hear her say it, needy and breathless. I wanted to hear her groan it, the pitch and volume of her voice rising every time my name dropped out of her mouth. I wanted to hear her scream my name when I was deep inside her, making her come so hard she forgot everything but my name.

The thoughts swirled through my mind and one of my hands was making its way down her back to her ass when I registered the sounds of wolf whistles and hollering from behind me. Callie must have heard it at the same time because she pulled away from me. I caught a glimpse of reddened cheeks before she buried her face against my chest, curling her whole body into mine.

I wrapped my arms around her and looked behind me to see the guys waving at me and grinning. I was in a better mood than I would have imagined with our heated make-out session being interrupted so I just shook my head at them lightly. I realized I was grateful they'd stopped it; if- no, when- I got Callie naked it wasn't going to be with an audience.

"Should we head out then?" Callie's words reached my ears even though her face was still buried in my shirt. I felt the heat from her breath move across my skin and I hissed at the unexpected sensation. I couldn't see it, but I could feel Callie smile. I said nothing, but managed to help her into the car without the guys catching another look at her.

When I turned to get into the car from my side, I saw the guys still standing there grinning, although now silently. I couldn't help it. I grinned back over the top of the car. I'd decided it was time to stop running from this attraction to Callie. She had no idea what she'd started with her challenge, but I could promise that she would like the end result. She would like it very, very much.