Chapter 15: Aidan

Okay, yes, I felt like an asshole. I wanted to apologize to Callie, but both her stubbornness and mine were keeping me from saying the words. I kept looking over at her, thinking I could feel her staring at me. I saw her cut a glance at me out of the corner of her eye, but then she turned her whole body towards the window, effectively shutting me out.

She popped her gum a few times, and the smell of mint drifted over to me. I'd noticed the habit of hers when I'd gotten to her house. I don't think she realized she did it, but I thought it was kind of cute. Usually I hated that sound, but apparently I was willing to let a lot of things Callie did blow over.

Like her tendency to give me a hard-on at the most inconvenient times. I scowled again, squeezing my phone in my grip tight enough to hear a cracking sound go through the car. I looked down indifferently, noticing that my case now had webs of fractures across the back. Cheap plastic. I felt Callie's eyes on me and looked over. She was looking at the case too, her mouth hanging open slightly in shock. Her eyes met mine briefly, and she narrowed her eyes at me and turned back to the window.

Great. Now I felt like an even bigger asshole. She probably thought I'd cracked my phone because I was mad at her, when in reality it was because I frustrated that I was having such a hard time controlling myself around her. I could hardly believe that we'd gone from making out and grinding in the airport like teenagers in high school to this.

The worst part was that I knew it was entirely my fault. I shouldn't have let her teasing get to me so quickly or easily. When she'd rubbed her hand on herself and then fucking licked her fingers I'd nearly jumped her right there, in front of all the passengers and pilots and anyone else willing to stay and watch. I'd needed her taste and scent more than I needed to breathe, and I'd just taken it too far. When I realized I was about to fuck her against a wall in an airport I'd frozen. I'd pulled away. And then I'd fucked up even more by basically blaming it on her in my frustration.

Then, before I could apologize for everything, she'd run off. I'd panicked, not wanting to lose sight of her but she was damn quick. The longer it took me to find her, the more annoyed I became. I could understand her anger with me, but disappearing was childish. I only managed to meet back up with her at luggage claim. I was right behind her when she moved forward to grab her bag.

I was still hard as hell despite feeling like an asshole and was trying to do anything to take my mind off the hallway. Why did everything she do from sleeping to yelling at me turn me on? I ignored her as much as possible, but her voice only made me want to grab her and finish what we'd started and she wouldn't stop talking.

The desperation and anger finally led to me telling her to shut up. I'd known it was a bad idea when her voice went from pissed to near-violent. But it was the hurt in her voice that finally cooled me down. I figured the best thing to do at that point was not say anything else, and she apparently agreed.

And now here we were. She was pissed at me, I was pissed at me, and I'd be surprised if Callie didn't want to chop my balls off tonight while I was sleeping.

We finally arrived at the hotel, one I'd had Lucy book ahead of time because I knew it would be late by the time we got to California and we still had a long drive ahead of us in the morning. I tipped our driver and checked the time that a rental car would be sent from the company for us in the morning.

I didn't bother with Callie's bags, not wanting to piss her off any more tonight. I did hold the door to the lobby open for her and she'd muttered a belligerent thank you as she passed. I checked in while Callie looked around and she followed me to the room. We opened the door, and the first thing I noticed was the giant king-sized bed. I usually got one, since I liked to spread out when I slept, and Lucy probably hadn't thought to change it to doubles. Or maybe she didn't think it was necessary since you didn't mention it to her and you're supposed to be dating this girl anyway.