22 : Sin (2)

Chapter 22

It felt as if I drowned myself in an endless dream.

* * *

=INOUE SAYAKA=

We resumed shooting the next day. Keeping Fumikara-san's words in mind, I clenched my teeth and focused on what I was supposed to do.

Don't mess up.

~*~

=3RD PERSON=

It's already been months since Shiro's "adoption". Though no one ever really notices her true form, it doesn't mean that the atmosphere of their so called heaven isn't poisoning her.

Quickly, more days passed. The longer Shiro stayed in the place where she didnt belong, in this case, an opposite realm, the more paler she becomes.

Not only that, but her hair, eyes, and nails are evidently turning into a darker color.

"Yuuji, what's wrong with me?"She asked. He simply shrugged and looked away, continuing what Shiro thought was paperwork.

"Yuuji, why am I called Shiro?" Again, he kept silent.

"Yuujiiiiiii." She whined, still no answer. At last, she gave up and just watched him idly. His phone suddenly rang, startling Shiro. (There are cellphones in heaven shut up.) Yuuji sighed and looked at the caller ID. Upon seeing it, he seemed to hesitate for a moment before finally answering.

"Nao."

"Yuuji." The caller replied. Their conversation was a mix of nods and murmurs before Yuuji finally hung up.

"I won't forget." He muttered.

"Forget what?" Shiro asked with a questioning look. The male shook his head and continued what he was doing.

"Meanie..." Shiro pouted.

~*~

"Why did you summon me?" Yuuji's question sounded more like a statement saying that he didn't want to be there.

"Did you drug her properly?" Nao asked, avoiding his earlier question.

"Yes. She's asleep. Again, why did you summon me?" Yuuji crossed his arms and it was obvious that he was losing his patience.

Nao motioned for Yuuji to come closer to him as she walked towards a wall. She drew a triangle on it, the sign of Daedalus. After pressing the triangle she drew, the wall in front of them crumbled to pieces and a doorway appeared in front of them. At the end of it, a bright light was shining and Yuuji backed away a little.

"Hurry." Nao told him. She walked in the tunnel first, and once she took her first step, the entrance already seemed to be shrinking.

Yuuji said nothing as he followed her teacher inside. The light at the end seemed to get brighter the closer they got, and upon reaching it, Yuuji had to squint her eyes just to be able to see properly. He waited for his eyes to adjust a little to the light, and once he had, his jaw dropped.

"Why..."

~*~

"Eh? Yuuji are you leaving again?" Shiro whined. Yuuji was dressed in human clothing, and the thought of being able to visit that place again made Shiro smile. "I wanna go too~!"

"You can't." He replied bluntly. Shiro pouted and crossed her arms in response. She has always been clinging onto Yuuji ever since she started living with him, but he never actually paid any mind to it. Yuuji smiled at the many memories they made in just a short time. She would always cause trouble in their realm, but one particular occurrence caused an irk mark to appear on his forehead.