Prologue

In the middle of the night, a 4-year-old girl with (h/c) hair and (e/c) eyes is running through the forest. A few minutes ago, she saw how her parents got killed by raiders who attacked her village. Thinking she has lost them, she arrives at a river and stops in front of it. But then she hears the neighing of horses.

"Find that girl. She can't be that far.", someone yells.

Having no other choice, the girl swims into the river to the other side and hides behind a rock. She watches how the raiders stopped in front of the river.

"What should we do now?", one of the raiders asks.
"Let that girl rot in the forest, she's helpless without her parents.", the leader says.
The raiders ride away back towards the village.

Looking up from the rock, the girl breaths in relief that they didn't follow her. Slowly, she walks around the forest hungry and cold from the river water. She then stops in front of a giant moutain. From the tip, she could see a faint light.

"Well then I have to climb.", she declares.

She starts to climb the mountain. Step after step, she is getting more tired. Arriving at the top, she looks down at a village. That village was surrounded by giants mountain.

"That village looks so safe and peaceful.", she realises.

With the last of her strength, she climbs down the mountain towards the entrance of the village. She looks around the village till she sees a house that is bigger than the others. Not knowing why but she feels attracted to it. Once there, she collaps in front of the door from to much running and climbing.

The next morning

The family Madrigal is ready to go out and help the village. As they open the door, they all gasp. In front of the house lays the girl still unconscious. 5-year-old Camilo goes to her and tries to wake her up but she doesn't.

"Somebody go get Abuela.", Julieta says.
She kneels next to Camilo also trying to wake the little girl while her husband runs into the house to get Abuela. Suddenly the girl's eyes open looking at Camilo's eyes.
"Are you alright?", he asks.
She nodded.
"Where am I?"
"You are at la Casa Madrigal."
"What is this place?"
"Encanto."
The girl looks at Camilo confused.
"Encanto?"
"We will explain you everything after you eat and rest.", Julieta says and hands the girl an arepa con queso.
She takes it and eats it. She gaps how the scratchs on her arms are disappearing.
"What is going on?"
Alma walks out of the house. When she spots the girl, her face relaxes.
"What is your name, my dear?"
"(Y/N)."
"How did you end up in our village?"
"I ran from my village because it got raided."
"And your parents?"
"They ... they're dead.", the girl looks down.
"Oh my dear, I'm sorry. How about you come inside and rest for a while?"
The girl nods.
"Camilo, will you bring (Y/N) to the nursery?"
"Sí Abuela."
He helps (Y/N) up and she follows him.

Once in the nursery, Camilo gestures to the second bed.
"Here you can sleep here."
"Who's bed is that one?", (Y/N) points at the other bed.
"That's Mirabel's bed, my cousin."
(Y/N) lays down on the bed.
"Thank you Camilo."
"No problem. I'll wake you up for dinner."
She nods and closes her eyes falling asleep.

In the evening

(Y/N) is sleeping peacefully when she feels someone shaking her. She opens her eyes seeing that it is Camilo.
"How did you sleep?"
"Wonderful."
"Dinner's ready. Everyone is waiting for you."
(Y/N) follows him to the dinner table. Everyone from the family are talking when they spots Camilo and (Y/N).
"Sit with us, (Y/N), we have great news for you.", Alma says.
(Y/N) takes the seat next to Camilo.
"La Familia Madrigal, before we tell (Y/N) the news, everyone introduce themselves to her so she knows who is who."
They all nod.

Abuela stands up first from the end of the table.
"My name is Alma. I'm the holder of the miracle."
"I'm Julieta and my gift is that I can heal people with a meal."
"I'm Agustín and Julieta's husband. I have no gift."
"I'm Isabella. I'm the first-born of Julieta and Agustìn and I grow flowers and plants."
"My name is Luisa. My gift is strenght. I'm the second-born of Julieta and Agustìn."
Mirabel is the last one from the other side of the table to introduce.
"I'm Mirabel, third-born of Julieta and Agustìn. I will get my gift at my 5th birthday."
Now the side where (Y/N) sits introduces themselves.
"My name is Pepa and my gift is that I control the weather with my emotions."
"My name is Félix and Pepa's husband. Exactly like Agustìn, I'm also giftless."
"I'm Dolores, first-born of Pepa and Felix. My gift is great hearing."
(Y/N) turns to Camilo.
"Well, my name is Camilo and I'm the second-born of Pepa and Felix. My gift is shapeshifting."
He shapeshifts into (Y/N) surprising her.
The last one of the family was Bruno at the other end of the table.
"I'm Bruno and my gift is that I can see the future."
"It's nice to meet you all. Since you all introduce yourselve, I'll do it too. My name is (Y/N) and I'm 4 years old."
"(Y/N), while you slept, we discussed and decided that we will accept you here in the family. Welcome in the family, (Y/N).", Alma says.
(Y/N) smiles brightly at the news.
"Thank you so much."

After my great success of my first book, I give you the first chapter of my second book.