Authors note

Repeat :3

Wings of Evolution is a project that I began writing on June 3rd, 2022. The initial idea was not mine, I came across it because of one day near the end of May when my sister, who is also an avid WoF fan decided it was a good idea to rant at me regarding an AU that she and several discord friends had created. 

Funny enough, the singular word that got me into this writing was 'CaveWongo.' She explained to me a world where the IceWings were gone, where they'd gone underground and become a new tribe, where the single change was that Darkstalker had made different choices. Since I've always liked the IceWings' aesthetics, but have never really liked their culture, the opportunity to change that with an actual plausible event got me writing almost immediately. 

After that, I practically forced her to invite me to the Discord server in question, and together we figured out just how much this would affect Tui's world. The answer is, that it affected a lot. 

So now, several months later after writing over 80k words and absolutely loving it almost the entire time, I'm proud to say that WoE is done! When I first started writing it, I wasn't sure exactly how it would end, but halfway through it all clicked into place. This is weird because I can never do that so easily with my original works... 

Near the end there, I got a bit of writer's block, knowing what needed to happen but somehow unable to get excited about it. But even though the last 1k felt like forever, it was finished before I knew it. 

This is only the third time I've actually finished one of my works ^-^

After I was done, there was a solid 30 minutes of panic, it's like how when you're done reading a really immersive story, except for me it was fifty times worse because I was the one weaving that tapestry... I swear I went through all the stages of grief and everything. 

Anyway, thank you so much for reading, I have seeds for sequels or side stories, and I know it still needs to be edited so there's no way I'm completely done with WoE yet!

If you want to, you can write fanfictions of my fanfiction, that would be funny to me, just promise to send it to me if that happens. I want to see it. 

Thank you for all the votes, comments, and even for those who simply read it. It means a lot to me and was most of the reason I kept on writing.

-----------------------

Statistics:

Started writing: June 3, 2022 

Finished writing: August 7, 2022

Started posting: Sometime in July? 

Finished posting: August 18, 2022

Finished word count: 82,371

----------------------

Arts by me and others: