Chapter 47

Murderbasket

Deathbringer wasn’t sure if Glory hated him or what, because flying halfway across the continent, while his arm was still broken didn’t sound like a fun pastime to him. The assassin did it anyway, because some part of him was still completely in love with the crazy dragon who flew beside him. 

He was starting to understand why his mother had always said never to fall in love. It made dragons do absolutely stupid things. Like abandon their entire future to save someone’s life and then have to fly halfway across the world just to get help. 

He would probably also advise his children never to fall in love, it was very inconvenient. 

The thought of having children though, immediately snapped him out of it, because he did not feel in any way prepared to think of Glory that way. But oh, his mind kept wandering, and eventually he had to smack himself to make it stop. 

Bad brain, thinking on its own…

Glory gave him a quizzical look at the slap and turned on the air currents so she could look him head on while still going forward. “What was that for?”

“There was a bug.” Deathbringer said with a straight face. 

Glory raised an eye ridge, “I didn’t see the bug.”

“Excuse me, but it was a very small one, and I brought it to its end quite cleanly.” 

Glory made a noise as if she didn’t quite believe him but was willing to pretend. “Alright then, if I see any mosquitoes, I’ll send them your way.” 

Deathbringer nodded, “wise of you.” 

---

Morning Glory 

The town of Possibility was as always, a jumbled conglomeration of mismatched homes and shops with the most variety in the entirety of Pyrrhia. 

She had Deathbringer wait outside a bakery so she could drop the Greentop flowers off at their destination, it wasn’t that she didn’t trust the assassin, she just wasn’t sure what her comrades would do if they saw an unfamiliar NightWing. 

She found the innocent-looking flower shop rather easily, and migrated to the back, searching for whoever was in charge. 

A small SkyWing was sitting beside a large bundle of sacks and looked up when she approached. He spotted her pouches and gave her a tense look. “How many?” 

“Twelve Orchids.” 

He relaxed and nodded at her, “you’re the last one, the others got here hours ago.”

Glory relaxed as well, “that’s actually very reassuring. On a similar note, I need to send a messenger.” 

The SkyWing gave her a curious look, “where to?” 

“The ice kingdom.” 

“Ah, I’ve heard mighty strange rumors from up there.”

“What payment would you need to send a dragon to their border?” 

He frowned thoughtfully and smiled, “confirmation of a few rumors.”

Glory sighed, handing him the sacks of Greentop, “which ones.” 

The SkyWing took the flowers and put them off to the side, “I heard that there are ghosts popping up all over the place. IceWings. That is where you’re sending this message?”

Glory nodded with a bit of hesitation, “yes, we have an alliance with the IceWings, they will soon join us in battle.” 

The SkyWing made a delighted noise and a grin split across his face, “have you met any? I heard that they have blue blood.” 

Glory shrugged, “I don’t know what color their blood is. But I do assure you that they are real.” 

“Amazing… so, what’s the message? And who’s the recipient?”

Glory cleared her throat, “Queen Aurora of the IceWings, or anyone who can tell her. The message is that it turns out that her newest subjects might have a knack for stealth.” 

The SkyWing blinked and inclined his head, “I will be sure that the message is sent.” 

When Glory returned to the bakery, Deathbringer was inside, chatting with a SandWing who kept giving him dirty looks as he forced Deathbringer’s arm into a sling. “-I’m so sorry about this, I was trying to find a doctor or something.”

The SandWing sighed and pulled the end tightly, which shut up the assassin as he winced with pain. That was when he saw Glory. His eyes widened and his snout split into a stupid grin which was immediately lost because of a second tug from the SandWing. 

“How did you even break this?” Deathbringer shrugged awkwardly with one shoulder and the SandWing tied off the binding. “Whatever, just don’t untie this until you can get a real doctor to look at it.” 

“Sure thing.” 

The SandWing shook his head and left, which had Deathbringer focusing entirely on Glory. “Hey! These nice dragons saw me dying outside and got the local medical expert to come look at it.” 

Glory glanced at the ‘nice dragons’ in question, unsure if Deathbringer’s definition of nice would match her own. She saw black scales and had to do a double take before she noticed the distinct markings of a SeaWing. 

Hybrids were rare, but they weren’t impossible. Possibility probably had more than other places but that didn’t make them any less shocking to see. Especially since the dragon in question was a hybrid from the two most infamous enemy tribes. 

He was older than Glory, and his shape was mostly SeaWing with black scales and a gray underbelly. His left horn was broken in half and he had a thin scar on his right side. He wore two silver armbands with gold engravings, each with a ruby embedded inside. 

Glory wasn’t sure how dragons generally reacted to hybrids, but Deathbringer didn’t seem at all bothered by it. She nodded at the strange dragon, keeping her scales from turning toward curiosity like they wanted to. 

The hybrid nodded back, and without a word he headed back toward the front counter of the bakery, slipping behind it with ease. 

“Well, that’s great, we need to go now.”

Deathbringer frowned and hesitantly followed Glory out of the shop, “so where are we going now?” 

Glory sighed, remembering the list of things that Tsunami still needed done. “Sand Kingdom, I need to find Sunny’s parents and find out more details on the SandWing throne. Apparently our goals are fixing all the thrones in Pyrrhia.” 

Deathbringer frowned, “and after that?” 

Glory led him into the sky, and smiled finally, “after that the three months will be up and we can storm Soulseer’s palace.”

------------------

Every vote gives Deathbringer faster healing!