a trivial trial ||celestia||

Another short oneshot, this one is celestia during her execution. Sorry it's a little angsty!!

"It was you wasn't it, taeko."

No.

No.

...no.

They couldn't have found out. I covered it up so well. Not a trace was left behind!! The computer, the fight, the crazy stories, the costume, the chase!! It was all so perfectly planned, so flawlessly executed. I framed that idiot Yasuhiro. It only made sense for it to be him. HIS NAME WAS AT THE CRIME SCENE FOR GODS SAKE!

It was going to be perfect. I was going to win, I was going to get the money. I was going to be free. I was going to live a lavish lifestyle, the one I had desired for so many long, painful years. Everything I did to ensure I was successful, all gone. I was going to have so much, I was never going to have to worry again. Everything was going to go my way. It had to.

"My name is.... CELESTIA LUDENBERG GODDAMNIT!!!" I shout, slamming my hands on to the podium in front of me, making it wobble.

Pathetic, all of them. All of these stupid 'players', these idiots!! All of them playing this silly little game, so willing to help whoever is behind this wreak utter havoc among our 'class'. Naegi refutes something, they start to talk. It's all too loud but too quiet, I can't hear anything over my heart pounding, all of my blood is rushing to my ears. I take a deep breath and smile. They've uncovered the truth, well done to them I suppose.

They all vote, I have no chance at survival now. Monokuma demands I do too.

"May I do something first?" I ask, not dropping my accent, even though I can now. Its still my accent. I am Celestia Ludenberg and I always will be. No one will ever change that. That is my name. I am her. Celestia Ludenberg. The ultimate gambler.

The bear gives me permission, his whiny voice echoing around my brain, which is now void of any thoughts I may have once had. It's blank. No comebacks, no plan to save myself, no demands rising from my throat. Although I do feel like something else may rise from my throat, death is quite a big thing you see, no matter who you are it still inflicts a small spark of fear inside you that cannot be smothered or blown out, no matter how hard you try.

I back away from my pedestal, looking back only once to make sure I didn't leave what I needed there. I make my way over to Kirigiri's place in the circle, she really was the only one of these idiots I ever really understood, other than Togami perhaps. All eyes in the room are on me as I walk over, gently taking Kyoko's hands in mine.

I place a key in her hand, she's the only one that can be trusted and I truly hope this will help them escape, because if I didn't, they deserve to. I may be a cold blooded killer and a selfish liar, but it really would be taking it too far if they didn't escape after I so gracefully 'sacrificed' myself for them. Plus, I do still feel some level of guilt, especially for the hall monitor, he really was tragically boring but, he tried.

"Here, for all of you. I....apologise for my actions, although that is not nearly enough, I do hope that you escape this hell hole of a 'school' and live fulfilling lives, if you will not honour that wish for yourselves, do it for me. Celestia Ludenberg," I finally drop my accent, "or even me. Taeko Yasuhiro, the girl who lied."

I smile and turn to Monokuma. "This is my official vote, I, Taeko Yasuhiro, am guilty, thank you all for the time we spent together, it really was okay." Monokuma cackles and slams the button down, screaming his signature 'punishment time' line. I take a deep breath and sigh. This is it.

Taeko yasuhiro, Celestia Ludenberg, the girl who lied, the cold blooded gambler, is going to die. My usual stoic demeanour breaks a little, a single tear forming in my eye. I blink it away quickly, folding my hands neatly in front of me and smile sweetly.

The chain wraps around my neck and I take one last look at my class.

Class 78.

Truly wonderful, so full of hope.

I really do hope they get out, they don't deserve this.

None of us did.

We're all innocent children, we did nothing wrong in the world. None of us wanted to turn to this, none of us expected this. Being thrown into this cruel game was a curse, bestowed upon us all to see who was the strongest. In reality, it's not about that, it's about who's going to stop the game, not who wins. And I lost this game, the only game the ultimate gambler will ever loose, the only player to ever beat me, was death.

They say there are five stages of grief, I think I've reached the last, acceptance. I accept my fate and the chain yanks me away harshly, my punishment awaiting me.

I go out in flames, a truly fitting punishment for me. I look up as the flames grow higher and higher, smoke rises above me, dancing around and swirling freely. Once again, I smile. I do a lot of that.

The flames lick at the bottoms of my shoes, eventually reaching my legs. The pain is unbearable and I'm inhaling more smoke than I can imagine. I see light, they say that happens before death. It looks as though there are two ways to go though, two lights at the end of the tunnel.

Headlights. Those are headlights.

My breathing quickens as they travel towards me faster and faster, I brace myself for the impact despite becoming more and more lightheaded the closer they get.

They come towards me, no less than two feet away.

Crash.
.
.
.

They hit.

1028 words!!

I think this is my first kind of angsty thing, what do you guys think??