/20/

*•*•*

dear diary,

May 2, 1998

I know I should be getting ready for an upcoming battle or whatever, but my gut told me—told me to write something down. for it could be one of the things I do.

I think all this time I was running from the truth, from my destiny, but no more running. I cant take it.

Ginny and I are finally in a good place and I cant decide on if it's a good thing shes with me and not bloody potter. the guys kind of a dick but he's an orphan so I gotta be nice.

whatever.

I miss Draco, and mother, even father. though he was never a kind man, I remember the good times. where mother and father would smile and draco and I would be doing something childish or snobby. I miss those times, but I'm glad I'm not there anymore.

I'm so glad I told Those death eaters to fuck off and ran away with Neville, although I still feel the dark marks burn, it hurts a little less whilst alongside friends.

please don't let this be the last entry in this stupid book, I have so much more life to live and I feel there won't be enough time.

one last thing, if someone ever finds this journal, give it to Ginny Weasley. she's the only one who I can stand to know my secrets, of how Ive admired her for as long as I've known her, and how I've loved her since the first time she chose me over some stupid other thing.

my love, Ginny, Im sorry I didnt say I love you sooner, and hopefully, when we get out of this war, we can get a little place in london and live a beautiful life together.

sincerely, Lyra