/5/

It wasn't odd to find Lyra Malfoy writing in her notebook. It wasn't odd to find Ginny Weasley next to her looking wearily at the notebook. It wasn't odd for people to see the Gryffindor and Slytherin hanging out in public anymore. What was odd was how they looked at each other. What was odd was how close the two had gotten with only knowing each other a few short months. The two obviously didn't care, but one day Lyra got a letter that changed everything.

Dear Lyra Malfoy,

You shouldn't be hanging out with the blood-traitors. Weasleys. They are a bad influence on you and if you wish to accosiate yourself with them don't bother coming home. If you do come home and you are still in contact with the blood-traitors then there will be consequences that you won't like.

From,

Narcissa Malfoy

Lyra just stared at the letter confused. Who had told about her friendship with Ginny? She really hoped it wasn't Draco because it would really suck to have to beat up your own brother. Lyra disarded the card and got ready for the Christmas party. She would be going alone and probably just hanging out with Ginny.

So Lyra got dressed.

She wore a simpled black dress that went down to her knees and covered her chest. She wore a dress black jacket over that and black boots with short heels. Her blonde hair was in a braided bun with a few strands falling on her face. She wore star earings to add onto the outfit before heading out to the party.

Once there she went over to the chocolate and began eating because who doesn't love chocolate? There were other sorts of food of course but nothing is as good as chocolate. When she felt a tap on her shoulder she turned around to see Ginny Weasley with puffy eyes and an amused smile.

"You okay Ginny?" Lyra asked and Ginny frowned for a second before nodding.

"O-Of course." Ginny said and Lyra held out some chocolate.

"Eat. There isn't anything better than chocolate." Lyra said and Ginny gave a dry laugh as she took the peice of chocolate. Their fingers grazed and Ginny blushed while Lyra scratched her neck nervously. 

"Thanks." Ginny said as she ate the chocolate. "That actually is good."

"Chocolate can't be bad." Lyra stated and Ginny smiled. "Where's Thomas?" Ginny frowned at this.

"Couldn't make it. Spending time with Seamus-his best friend." Ginny said rolling her eyes.

"Oh. . .care to dance?" Lyra said wiggling her eyebrows. Ginny smiled and Lyra led her to the dance floor.

"Just warning you-I'm a terrible dancer." Ginny said and Lyra shrugged.

"I'll lead then. I've known how to dance since I was a little girl." Lyra said as she put her hand on Ginny's waist and held her other hand. She didn't notice Ginny's blush as they started dancing. Better than anyone else Lyra added.

Many looked at them weirdly but they truly didn't care. They were laughing and dancing and having fun. They didn't even notice Harry Potter's jealous look. 

They stopped when Draco was dragged into the room by Filch. Lyra knew immediately what he was doing and her night was again ruined by the mission.

"Okay I was gatecrashing!" Draco said and Lyra rolled her eyes at his terrible lying skills. She was now thankful for Aunt Bella's occlumency lessons.

"I'll take care of him." Snape said and Lyra sent Draco a look that said don't-fuck-this-up and he rolled his eyes as Snape took him out of the room.

"Carry on!" Slughorn said and Lyra turned back to Ginny who was looking at Lyra curiously.

"Hey." Lyra said and Ginny smiled.

"Can I talk to you?" Ginny asked and Lyra shrugged and so Ginny laced her fingers with Lyra's and led them out of the room. They kept on walking until Ginny pulled Lyra into an empty classroom and locked the door.

"Hello." Lyra said and Ginny rolled her eyes. "Whats up?"

"We're friends right?" Ginny said and Lyra smiled.

"Of course we are. Why?" Lyra asked and Ginny bit her lip.

"I don't like Dean anymore." Ginny blurted and Lyra had to not let the smile show on her face.

"Oh?" Lyra said trying to sound suprised.

"I-It's just that I don't know what went wrong. We were great at first but then everything just went downhill." Ginny explained and Lyra nodded along.

"Do you want to break up with him?" Lyra asked and Ginny hesitated.

"I-I don't know." Ginny said and Lyra nodded.

"Let me break it down for you." Lyra said and Ginny bit her lip. "You don't like him like that anymore." Ginny nodded. "Everything went to shit after a while. and you hesitated when you I asked if you wanted to break up with him." 

"Yeah but it could work!" Ginny exclaimed and Lyra gave her an annoyed look. "I mean it could!"

"Do you love him?" Lyra asked and Ginny stopped in her tracks.

"I don't know maybe." Ginny said quietly.

"Then say you love him." Lyra said holding one of Ginny's hand's.

"I-I love. . ." Ginny stopped talking and looked down.

"It's okay Ginny." Lyra said petting Ginny's hair nicely. "You never had to love him."

"I should though!" Ginny said taking a step back.

"And why is that?" Lyra asked and Ginny just looked at Lyra. "You don't have to love him. No one can force you to love anyone."

"I-It's the right thing to do though!" Ginny said and Lyra just smiled.

"It was never the right thing for you Ginny." Lyra explained and Ginny looked deep in thought. Lyra brought Ginny into a hug and Ginny snapped out of it and wrapped her arms around Lyra.

"I have to break up with him don't I?" Ginny said as she burried her head into Lyra's shoulder.

"I could do it for you." Lyra said. "Polyjuice potion would work, but then again yeah. You have to break up with him."

"I really hate this." Ginny said and Lyra laughed.

"It does rather suck doesn't it?" Lyra said and she heard Ginny giggle.