/17/

*•*•*

Aberforth Dumbledore was kind to give Neville and Lyra food while they stayed in the room of requirement. He had a little inn, the hogs head was attached to it and Lyra had even got him to give them some fire whiskey, while Neville eyed her oddly she shrugged and said 'you only live once'

It had been weeks since their escape from the Carrows and every day Lyra wished she could see Draco, one last time, to explain it all. But that was impossible. However, whenever she felt the dark mark she somehow felt closer to him. It was odd but she didn't care, she liked the burn sometimes too.

"Lyra." Neville said one day in February. "Help me out over here."

He was motioning to the second year who was crying and saying he wanted to go home. Lyra made her way over to them quickly and crouched down in front of the boy.

"Hey, hey don't cry." She said softly as she sat on the ground next to him and slowly brought him into a side hug and started whispering comforting words to him. "It's okay."

Neville seemed to keep getting suprised by Lyras actions. For over a month now she had been this good person that he didn't know existed. It proved that not all slytherins were bad.

Ginny ran into the room and scanned the room until she found Lyra. Her eyes searched the blonde and Lyra knew immediatly. Something was wrong.

Lyra slipped away from the boy and went over to Ginny, Neville close behind her.

"Lunas missing." Ginny said, clearly out of breath. "I've just gotten word. I -I dont know. She's been my-my best friend for- NO!"

She cried out as she clutched her head and tears were brought to her eyes. Without thinking, Lyra hugged her, letting Ginny fall apart in her arms.

Weeks later Ginny and Lyra were laying together in a green hammoc with their legs tangled together and their fingers laced together. They were facing each other and their foreheads were touching. Years later Ginny would think back to this moment, how she had been so blissfully content with Lyra yet terrified for Luna.

She would think for only a moment, how she couldn't just be happy with everything. How she had to be miserable and have lyra....

"Hey, Ginny." Lyra said and Ginny nodded. "I know this sounds crazy or whatever, but-but-"

"It's okay." Ginny smiled.

"I have to say this though." Lyra whispered.

"Then say it." Ginny said and Lyra closed her eyes for a second.

"Even if the world around us is-is this dark place with misery and stuff." Lyra said and she blushed slightly as she looked into Ginnys eyes, which looked so intensely at her that she almost didn't continue. "I still find some sort of light and peace when your by my side."

Ginny smiled softly as she leaned forward and kissed Lyra gently.

Lyra deepened the kiss as she wrapped an arm around Ginnys waist and pulled her close. Ginny moved so she was hovering over Lyra, careful as they were still on a hammoc. They stared at each other and understood, they would have stayed there forever if not for what happened next.

"It's the radio!" Neville yelled up to them.

Once they got down they went over to Neville and the others and sat quietly as he turned the radio up. Ginny held onto Lyras hand tightly.

"We are sad to report more deaths." The voice of Lee Jordan sounded. Lyra blocked out the names, if she didn't the guilt would be worse.

She had been having this guilt in her ever since she realized how wrong she was for choosing her side.  It was practically killing her.

"Now off to-"

The door opened and Hannah Abbot rushed in and looked towards Neville.

"They're looking for Ginny." She said with worry laced in her voice. "They want to use her as leverage."

"I guess your staying here now." Lyra said, turning to Ginny who sighed and nodded as she laid her head on Lyras shoulder.