| 1 | Year 5

/\/\/\

Lyra walked along the train and finally found an empty compartment. She sat next to the window and opened her journal and started looking through it to pass the time. She couldn't write well on the Hogwarts Express since the train shook and that wasn't good for writing.

Some time passed and the Train left the station and all Lyra could see was meadows and trees. It would be peacefull without her dark mark there as it was branded earlier that summer. 

There was a knock on the door and Lyra looked up to see Harry Potter, Luna Lovegood, and Neville Longbottom.

"Er-hello there. I was wondering if we could sit here. Er-everywhere else is full." Harry said and Lyra shrugged.

"It's fine." Lyra said as they sat down. Harry sat across from Lyra and next to Neville and Luna sat next to Lyra. Lyra then went back to reading past entries that she wrote in.

"So. . .writing neat." Harry said and Lyra smiled.

"Yeah. I guess." Lyra said and Harry nodded.

"What do you write?" Harry asked and Lyra thought on that.

"Anything really." Lyra said looking out the window.

Time passed in the compartment. Neville, Harry, and Luna had many conversations, a few fourth year girls tried to whisk Harry away but that didn't work, and soon enough Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger were in the compartment. Lyra was really uncomfortable with that many people there and being loud. She didn't really hate people it's just she sometimes thought they were annoying and should die.

"Why is a Malfoy sitting here?" Ron Weasley asked rudely.

"Whats a Weasley sitting here?" Lyra shot back in a calm voice. Harry and Hermione glared at Lyra, Neville and Luna were chatting so they didn't hear, and Ron narrowed his eyes on Lyra. "Sorry but sometimes you can be a bit rude." Lyra said with an apologetic smile.

"He's not rude!" Hermione said and Lyra nodded with a smirk.

"Okay." Lyra said looking down at her notebook. Ron gave her an annoyed look but she just didn't care. "I'm leaving." Lyra said standing up and walking out of there. She then walked and walked until she found her brothers carraige and sat down next to him. She didn't even care that Zambini and Parkinsin were there too.

"What are you doing here?" Draco asked and Lyra shrugged.

"Potter and his friends sat in my compartment." Lyra said and Draco nodded.

"Freak." Pansy muttered under her breath to Lyra who just ignored her. 

The feast came and went with a few new things. Severus Snape was now the DADA teacher which made the Slytherin table cheer, and Lyra was in the mix. She didn't really hate Snape but thought he was unfair to some. A Slughorn guy was now the Potions teacher which was new, but apparently he worked at Hogwarts before so Old-New.

When Lyra went to bed that night she couldn't help but ignore the burning in her arm. Voldemort was calling his death eaters for something. 

The next morning Lyra's mark was still hurting and when she saw Draco he looked like he hadn't slept in days. Lyra knew it was just his Mark as well. She hated seeing her brother in pain.

"Hey Dray." Lyra said sitting next to him at Breakfast. "Whats up?"

"You know whats up." Draco said glumly and Lyra nodded. 

"I do." Lyra said putting her hand and Draco's, who flinched but Lyra didn't take her hand away. "It will be okay Dray." She didn't dare say I promise, because no one can promise that.

"Schedules." Snape said as he handed Lyra her schedule. He walked away to another student as Lyra read her schedule over.

Potions with the Gryffindors first. Lyra didn't mind, she didn't hate any house because they were in that house. She just hated people for their terrible personalities. Of course she never said this out loud but it was still there. She also may have written it down in her notebook.

Lyra got to class a bit early and sat down at the table that smelled really good. She then took out her materials as the others piled in. No one else had sat with Lyra, and she tried to ignore that as always.

BANG

"Sorry Professor!" Ginny Weasley said falling into the classroom. "I'm not late am I?"

"No right on time Miss Weasley!" Professor Slughorn said as Ginny stood up and ran towards Lyra's table. Lyra didn't know why she did that but didn't complain as Ginny sat right next to Lyra.

"Hello." Ginny said as Slughorn started the lesson.

"Hello there." Lyra said to Ginny as she started writing notes on her parchment. She then noticed Ginny's lack of books and her bored expression as she drummed her fingers on the table. "You need to take out some parchment. I can lend you som-"

"Oh it's fine." Ginny said waving Lyra off. "Really. It is, just wondering what that great smell is." Ginny said pointing to the potion.

"I really have no idea. What does it smell like?" Lyra whispered as Slughorn kept talking.

"Well-" Ginny said sniffing the potion. "It smells like. . .old books, vanilla scent, oh and a sort of-wood." Ginny said and Lyra nodded.

"I think it smells like roses, chocolate-and a bit of shampoo-holy shite." Lyra said looking at the potion in intrest.

"What is it?" Ginny asked eagerly and Lyra was very confused on why Slughorn put the most powerful love potion in the world with a bunch of fifth years.

"It's a love potion." Lyra said and Ginny blushed. "Most powerful one in the world really, smells like what attracts the person smelling it the most." Lyra said gulping. "I think I'm attracted to chocolate."

Ginny bit her lip so she wouldn't laugh at this. 

"I also think I'm sexually attracted to roses-" Lyra was saying with a straight face and Ginny just burst out laughing making everyone look at the laughing girls.

"Miss Weasley Miss-" Slughorn said motioning to Lyra.

"Malfoy sir." Lyra said and Slughorn frowned.

"What are you laughing about?" Slughorn asked.

"Well I'm just wondering as to why you have a love potion right here." Lyra said waving a hand at the love potion.

"Oh! You actually know what it is?" Slughorn asked and Lyra nodded.

"Amenamortia." Lyra said seriously. "Most powerful love potion in the world-why is it the same room as a bunch of fifth years?"

"It's set up for the next class. Which is a bunch of sixth years, now pay attention Weasley and Malfoy." Slughorn said and Lyra nodded.

"I've never hear you talk so much." Ginny whispered to Lyra once Slughorn started talking again. Lyra hid a small smile at this.

"I'm full of suprises." Lyra said ad Ginny smiled a real smile that made Lyra's heart skip a beat.

/\/\/\