/18/

*•*•*

March came and went quickly and soon it was April.
The days spent in the secret room seemed long and there wasn't much to do. Each day Ginny would worry for Luna. She had even tried to leave to find her best friend, but Neville and Lyra had to stop her from the stupid decision.

"It's Fred and George's birthday." Ginny whispered to Lyra one day. "April first, fits their personality actually."

"The pranksters?" Lyra asked and Ginny nodded. "Yeah, don't know why I didnt know before."

"They would throw the best pranks Ly, you have no idea." Ginny smiled brightly as she thought of the memories with her brothers. "Fred always talked to me about boys...lost cause."

"Was that a joke Ginny?" Lyra teased with a smile and Ginny rolled her eyes.

"Oh shut it Lyra." Ginny slung an arm around Lyra and kissed her cheek.

"Oh never Ginny." Lyra shook her head. Ginny intended to kiss her cheek again but Lyra turned her head so they kissed on the lips instead.

"Naughty naughty." Ginny said as she deepened the kiss and Lyra smiled against her mouth.

as the days came and went Lyra had wished and wished she could see Draco, that's when near the end of April she snuck out of the room of requirement and headed down towards the dungeons.

she had to deal with the burning mark on her arm for the months she'd been on the light side and it was a reminder of how deep she went into the darkness.

the excruciating pain was calling to her, it would end if she submitted and went to the dark side once more. but every time she thought of that Ginny would hold her hand and everything would be okay, and she would stay with Ginny.

now however, she needed to see what her brother was up too.

entering the dungeons Lyra lit up her wand, wishing she wouldn't run into anyone on her way.

"Lyra?" a quiet and cold voice asked and Lyra stopped in her tracks and looked over her shoulder and at Draco.

her brother.

"Draco." Lyra said breathlessly as she held her wand protectively but still allowed a smile to grace her lips. "I've missed you."

"What are you doing here?" Draco asked as he clenched his jaw and glared at Lyra, who now took on a stony expression.

"I came to see you." Lyra said honestly.

"why don't I believe that?" Draco scoffed.

"I'm not sorry for standing up for that first year." Lyra said after a silent moment, she now noticed how Draco slipped his wand into his hands and held it in an attack formation.

"why not?" Draco hissed. "you left and you decide to come back to what? mock me?"

"no, I wanted to see my brother." Lyra stepped forward, and Draco stepped back making her falter. "you can join me, join the right side of the war."

"I cant." Draco said and although Lyra couldn't see it, he had tears in his eyes. as if it pained him to say those words. "now go. or I'll be forced to duel you."

"Draco, please." Lyra begged but Draco shut his eyes and shook his head.

"go Lyra."

so she did, and that was the last time the siblings talked to each other, well, that's not counting during the battle of Hogwarts of course.

because that was the last time Lyra had a moment of peace.