28 - DEEP INTO THE DARKNESS

Over ten days have passed ever since my encounter with Sukriti in front of the Raniwas

Over ten days have passed ever since my encounter with Sukriti in front of the Raniwas. Everything has been ever since and nothing seems to out of place, except of a Naina who was sitting infront me with a worry ridden face.

Why?

As I'd said earlier, it's been 10 days and the event was coming to end, and with it the the days of Yahsvardhan's departure was also growing near every passing second.

"क्या वे बस रुक नहीं सकते?!"

"Can't he just stay?!"

Naina slammed her fists on the small round wooden table between us, resulting the brass utensils placed on it to tumble.

"आप जानती है वे नहीं रुक सकते।"

"You know he can't."

I said trying to suppress the smile that crept upon my face.

"ओह आप तो चुप ही रहिये!आप मुस्कुरा रहीं है!"

"Oh You stay quite! You're smilling!"

Oops! She caught me.

"प्रभु.."

"God.."

She let out a dramatic sigh and threw her body back on the huge cushion behind her.

"ज्ञात है हमें। हमें ज्ञात है उन्हें जाना होगा परन्तु... आह! हमसे यह नहीं होगा!"

"I know. I know he has yo leave but.. Aah!I can't do this!"

She covered her face with her palms to hid the expression she could no longer hid under her bright sunflower-like smile.

"विरह.. और यह भी ज्ञात ना होना की हम फिर कब मिलेंगे..।"

"Seperating.. And not even knowing when we'll meet again..."

She murmured in a low voice and I could feel her emotions through her voice.

'That's only till you get married. '

I would've said if the mood was even a little Brighter but I'd rather let her pour her frustration out right now.

A prolonged silence passed in midst of us. No one spoke and after another moment I finally shattered the everlasting  quietness.

"एक खेल खेलेंगी?"

"You wanna play a game?"

"कोनसा खेल?"