7- Those Beautiful Eyes.

The sound of temple bells was echoing in my ears and the priest was chanting mantras for the prayers

The sound of temple bells was echoing in my ears and the priest was chanting mantras for the prayers . The priest came towards us and offered the us the Jyoti ,  the holy fire . Maa sa knelt bowed and touched his feet . "Sada sukhi raho " 'May god bless you with happiness forever ' The priest blessed her . I followed her and touched his feet too . "Kirtiman Bhavya " 'May your fame spread throughout the world '. He blessed me with a smile and we received Prashad from him and exited the temple .

Maa sa had been quite for a while but it was a mistake to think that she had let me off the marriage talk

Maa sa had been quite for a while but it was a mistake to think that she had let me off the marriage talk . She had been fasting to find me a suitable bride and today she had asked me to visit our Kuldevi Temple with her . I had been against her being so desperate about my marriage . I once again recalled the conversation we had last night.

"Maa sa , This doesn't makes sense . I already told you I'll tell you when I'm willing to marry someone . Why are still so stubborn about this ? " I said to Maa sa when she told me that I had to accompany her to the Kuldevi Temple to pray for my stars to quickly meet my fated partner's stars . I really thought it was ridiculous . It's not like I don't believe in astrology but I wasn't very pleased to see my mother going to all these extents for something that was not completely guaranteed .

"Tell me when you are willing to ? And when is that going to happen . Do you want me pass away even before I can see my daughter-in-law's face . It's been forever since you told me that you'd tell me when you're willing . Just exactly when would you be willing ! Huh?" She didn't seem to be in a pretty nice mood and I don't know the reason why .

Well , she did had a point . It had been weeks since we last talked about my marriage and she had been calm ever since .

" See Vazra , I'm not asking you to marry someone or anything , I'm just asking you to accompany me to the temple and pray for a happy future for yourself . Can't you even do that ?"
she sighed with her words , tired from arguing with me .

"Alright . If that's all what you ask for ." I agreed as making any arguments would not get me anywhere .