13 - THE ECHOING LAUGHS

I opened my eyes to a unfamiliar but beautiful ceiling

I opened my eyes to a unfamiliar but beautiful ceiling. Turning my head sideways , I was facing the balcony which was covered with white curtains.The curtains were floating in the air because of the wind. I directed my eyes towards one of the Jharokas on the either sides of the Balcony, The glow of the sun suggested it was late noon.  Lifting my upper body I sat up supporting my weight on the cushions behind. I was feeling thirsty and was about to call for Olive but I heard a knock on the door and I assumed it to be Olive.

"Come in." As expected my voice came out low and hoarse because of my throut being dry.

The door opened , And instead of Olive, a young beautiful girl entered the room, The girl had a beautiful copper coloured skin and had the same mersemerizing grey eyes as Vazraksh. She was wearing a golden yellow lehenga and her black hair reached down her waist. I could not even think of the possibility of her being a maid as neither her looks nor the attire and jewels she was wearing could be possessed by a maid.

As I was examining her with my eyes, I realised that she was doing the same. When my eyes met her's she gave me a smile and averted her gaze.
She started heading towards the bed and the voice of her anklets echoed in the room.  She stood at an accurate distance from the bed not too far, not too close. And for the first time I heard he voice.

" प्रणाम -, नहीं क्या कहते हैं आपरी भाषा में....। "

"Pranam -, No what do you say in your language..."
she had soft sweet voice And like every on else she also thought that I couldn't understand her.

"Hello" she spoke in English and took a step closer.

"Let me introduce myself. I'm Mrignaiyani, Princess of Astrarankshetra and and the younger sister of Prince Vazraksh."

Well, this explains why she has such mersemerizing and resembling eyes. I processed the information and she came to sit on the cushion besides my bed. She was still looking at me and I felt my throat going dry again.

"प्रणाम, हम एलिन्डल की राजकुमारी, किआरा। हमारी भाषा में वरतव करने के लिए धन्यवाद पण आप म्हारें से आपरी भाषा में बात कर सके हैँ। "

"Hello, I, The Princess of Elendel, Kiara. Thankyou for conversing in my language but you can freely talk to me in your own mother tongue."

For the first time ever since I came in this world, I spoke in my mother  tongue and I felt a strange sense of familiarity, The feeling of coming home after a long journey. The emotions I felt were enough to bring tears in my eyes but I maintained my composure.

Meanwhile, the princess was looking at me as if she had encountered something unexpected. But she was pulled out of her trance when a cough left my mouth. Cough cough.