Ch 56: Time

Chapter 56: Time

*Jacob's POV*

I stared at my fidgety imprint, a magazine in her hand as she fanned herself. She continued to complain that she was hot, so I thought it best to step away a little, going to find the thermostat for this place while we waited on her friends. Once the call had ended, she instantly felt too hot and suffocated. I was worrying and trying hard to find ways to make her feel comfortable, but I had a feeling most of this was due to her worry and fear. I'd only made it to setting up the bath for her, when being in the bathroom with the steam began to suffocate her. The nap had been out of the question after that and here we were.

"Baby, how about a glass of ice water? Or I can fan you see if that helps you sleep? I don't have to be in bed with you if you still feel hot." I'm pretty sure this was Karma for when I taunted the leech about not being able to hold Bella for being so naturally cold. Now here I was, not allowed to hold my pregnant imprint who was feeling uncomfortably hot. She sighed, tossing the magazine onto the coffee table.

"N-no, it's okay. Sorry, Jakey. I don't know why I'm feeling so.... off." she huffed.

"Talk to me, baby. Is it just the heat? I cranked up the AC, so just gotta wait a bit."

"No... it's ... I don't know." she groaned, suddenly trying to lift herself up. I went towards her to help lift her, but she'd managed well on her own. "I'm okay. I'm going to talk around a bit, see if that helps." I had every intention to walk with her, when I heard something, stopping her. "What's wrong?"

"Jacob? Violet?" I let out a sigh of relief.

"Sounds like Seth, babe." I nodded, quickly making my way towards the back where I heard his voice coming from.

"Lose something, guys?" Behind him were Violet's friends, whom all quickly came rushing to her.

"Mon amis!"

"Violette!"

"Darling, are you okay?

"Que esta pasando?"

They all bombarded her with questions, the loud one from their group and a new guy I hadn't seen staying back. A man with dark skin, blonde dreads and yellow eyes, signature to the vegetarian vampires peered at me. I just nodded my head at them in acknowledgement, which they returned. Seth, who continued to look at my mate as her friends checked her over, came over to me and distracted me from asking who he was.

"What's with the visitors? Everything okay? Sam mentioned something about Alice and Jasper leaving? Jared, Quil and Brody were out patrolling when they asked for permission to pass through."

"Sam send you?" I asked him, eyeing him as I noticed him continue to stare at Violet before finally turning to look at me at the question.

"Huh? Yeah... They popped up out of nowhere on our side. Said they got lost? Apparently, the more people she sends with her, the less exact she is? Something like that? Sam's asking if you could stop by quickly. I was going to offer to stay with her, but she's got company." He smiled, looking at her. I wanted to scoff, but as much as I hated to say this, I'd probably feel better if there was a wolf around who could keep tabs.

"Genavive can easily transport herself, maybe a couple people. Any more than that and it puts a strain on her accuracy and stamina. We fed before we came, but she may need to feed again soon" I quickly turned to look at the new guy, eyes wide.

"Relax, wolf dude. Chloe's ability helps with our thirst, too. No one's going to hurt your girl." I eyed Violet's friends, nodding before turning back to the new guy. "This is Daren, my sister's mate." The guy extended his hand out; I stared at the limb before taking it and shaking it.