ch.24: Imprint

Ch. 24: Imprint*start*

*Jacob's POV*

I had finally gotten back to the campfire site after dropping Bella off. I stayed a little ways behind, shrouded by the trees, and shifted back into my human form and put on my shorts that were tied to my leg. I walked out into the open and looked around for Violet. I checked next to the girls, where the food was and near the fire. I was about to go ask Leah, since I last saw her with her, when Emily called out to me.

"Bella ok, Jacob?" I nodded.

"Her leech came to pick her up." I told her and she nodded. I noticed all the guys tensed when I said leech but they got over it. I knew that they didn't like it when one of us was alone with one of them. I saw Leah talking to Seth and went up to them.

"Jake!" shouted Seth, he looked kind of jumpy. Leah turned around, since her back was towards me. Her eyes widened quickly for some reason.

"Hey....um Leah, have you seen Violet?" I asked her.

"She...she w-went for a w-walk a while ago." she stuttered out.

"What?!" I shouted. The others looked at us. "What do you mean?! Alone?!" I asked/shouted at her.

"I...she looked kind of down so y-yea... She was just walking along the shore..." she spoke out.

"Leah! What if she went into the forest or something, huh?!" I shouted and ran off along the shore to see if I could find her. It was hard since she had been walking along the shore, which meant the water washed away her tracks.

I saw something up ahead and went to it, I leaned to the ground and saw that it was her sandals. I looked around and kept walking to see if I could find her. I soon noticed that some of her tracks were visible. I followed them and panicked when I noticed them going into the forest. I was quick to run in amongst the trees and begin looking for her. I called out her name a few times, but got no reply. I was panicking more and more as the seconds ticked by. I had half a mind to go back and tell the others to help me find her.

I was about to turn back around when a scent caught my attention. It was strange for some reason, yet I recognized it. It was sweet and calming at the same time, it was Violet's scent. For some reason though, whatever it may be, it was a bit more potent, stronger, actually spicier even. I followed it and I began to question myself how she was able to get so far in such little time. I mean I couldn't have been gone for more than twenty minutes tops, and that was exaggerating. I could now see small amounts of shrubs crushed and stomped on. I saw a few foot prints in the dirt and figured they were hers, since she wasn't wearing her flip flops.

I was suddenly distracted by running water, the river. On some of our patrols, me and the guys would come by it. It was a pretty big river, enough for us to cool off in when we were tired. I ran as fast as I could past it, but noticed the scent disappeared when I did. I retraced my steps and noticed the scent wasn't as strong. Maybe she headed back or something? No, I had found where the scent was coming from. I ran towards the river. Right at the top, I could make out the same golden hair of my imprint, I was sure of it. Dread filled my body, as I thought the worst and dove into the water.

*Violet's POV*

I had been walking for a bit and was far enough to not be heard and just barley seen. I felt a light breeze picked up and I enjoyed the feeling. I would love the feeling of the wind blowing my fair back. I could easily remember the feeling, my pony tail usually rushing behind me as I would run through the lands. I smiled and took off my sandals, placing them on the sand. I wiggled my toes, feeling the sand and I extended my arms, twirling around, feeling the breeze. I turned around and looked from the forest to the camp site. One quick run wouldn't hurt, would it? I had practiced once to see just how long I could last as both human and vampire at the same time. My limit was ten minutes without feeling dizzy and faint. I could take a quick run, right? I smiled and walked into the forest.