Reminiscing

Ch. 4: Reminiscing*start*

I sighed as Edward pulled me to the kitchen.

"Change." That was an order, one which I was going to argue against.

"But you said you needed to talk, not have a mind convo." I tried to divert the topic. "A-and you said not to," I was fumbling for what to say at this point. "And to fit in and try and act normal! That it was best for me." I said sarcastically, using air quotes near the end.

"I know what I said," he paused before continuing. "But I don't want to hurt Bella's feelings...I want to know what crap Rosalie has been feeding you." He growled.

"I refuse." he gave me the look. The look that says 'I'm your big brother; do as I say.' I listened. I suddenly felt everything around me burn up for a second then go away. I could sense things way better than as a human.

'When was the last time you fed?' he thought in his head, testing my mind.

'I fed before I even came to Forks...so probably about a week ago?' I thought to him.

'Hello! I'm waiting!' He thought impatiently....oops I guess I was blocking him out.

'Better.' I asked as I thought up a random song. He nodded and I repeated my answer to him.

'Fine. Now why are you acting that way with Bella? You don't even know her. I figured you would be the most excited considering you tried everything in your power to get me to like Tanya.' I grinned replaying the memory in my head before Edward stopped me. 'I am serious Violette!'

'Fine! I just don't want you to have some stupid human girl who's willing to give up something so precious as life away for a romance!' I thought to him, but audibly groaned. 'She's in perfectly good health; why would she do that when there are others who would literally re-die for a chance at life?' I paused and his look softened a bit. 'Being mortal...to no longer be this monster' I had been shouting everything at him in my head until I reached the end. I could tell he felt pity and anger towards me. 'Don't! I don't want your pity'

'You're not a monster, got that? You're just different from others, that's what makes you unique. You know you're being quiet the hypocrite.' I looked at him shocked.

'Me?! How so?!' I shouted in my head.

'Well, you constantly nag at me to not call myself a monster, yet here you are. Calling yourself one when half of you is something different.' He thought as he hugged me and kissed the top of my head. At the moment I wished I was able to cry, but I couldn't. 'Let me show you that Bella isn't all that bad.' He pulled away a little to look at me. 'If it wasn't for her I-' he abruptly stopped, holding my arms down in place 'Don't go trying to kill me now.' He stopped and pulled away slightly to look at me. I nodded thinking that I wouldn't.'...promise..' I nodded my head again.

After that he showed me everything. From how he met her, to how he protected her from a nomad vampire, to how Jasper almost got to her. He even showed me how he left her, even going as far as showing me how he went to Italy to get killed, thinking Bella died' I cut off his train of thought by pulling back and hitting him with a quarter of my strength. I mean, I didn't want to rip his arm off!

'Ow! You promised...' he nagged in his head.

'Yea but that was the stupidest thing you could have done.......You'd be willing to leave me here alone, for her?!' He pulled me in for a hug and I struggled to get free. He tried to hold on but I was too strong and got out of his iron grip.

'I really love her,' he thought to me, looking like a lost puppy. 'Besides, just keep watching.' And with that, he showed me more of how the girl went to Volterra to try and stop my brother. I looked down clearing my thoughts when he was finished. I guess she did care a lot for my brother. I blocked my mind and breathed in. A new scent caught my attention. My eyes turned black for a second.