Family Reunion

Chapter 1: Family Reunion

*Violette's POV*

'Ah! Home at last!' I thought as I read the sign Welcoming me into Forks, Washington. I know by now you may be wondering what I meant by that. Well that answer may come off a bit complicated. I may love my adoptive family, but our differences push us apart, especially Edward. Although I love him with all my heart; he sure knows how to drive me away, saying things like I'm the lucky one, to use my talents wisely, to act normal. But what even is normal for us. I mean, come on! We're anything but normal.

During one of our spats, I ran away to Paris, France trying to get away from him. I know he loved me and only wanted what was best for me, but he sure knew how to upset me! I had been "missing," as he put it, for two years. How can a person be missing when you know were they're at? Some say Edward's need to exaggerate is part of his charm, but I could do without. After I found out that they moved back to Forks I was ecstatic at the idea of coming "home". Well that, and this expensive Lamborghini he sent me.

Now don't get me wrong, I am no spoiled brat. But you have to admit, a nice car isn't bad. Especially since I had totaled my last car, but that's a story for another time. As I pass through the small town of Forks I took notice of the constant glances thrown my way. Mostly men of course, but a few people who were just shocked once they saw the car. Most of them perplexed as to why a stranger was on this side of the recluse county.

I didn't need to read minds to hear their whispers as I stopped at a light. Some thought I was an actress, or possibly a model. A pair of gossiping girls even came to the conclusion that I was here to film some sort of movie or something, but I didn't bother to spare a glance. I continued on as the light turned green and ignored the passersby. As I neared the road in the woods, I saw a silver Volvo pull out of a warn blue house and speed up to cut me off. I thought nothing of it at first, but the instant I noticed who it was, sibling rivalry took over.

'OH NO YOU DON'T!' I thought as loudly as possible, knowing he could hear. I raced to cut in front of the silver car and could easily hear his laugh, only confirming that he had heard my thoughts. I hissed in concentration and smirked when I was finally in front. However, my foot never eased on the petal; instead, I sped up more and instantly stopped as I neared the house.

I didn't get the chance to gloat, since the second I stepped out of the car I hear a loud voice shout. "She's here!".

'Alice' I thought, smiling and shaking my head at her antics.

"Violette!" I heard next as I was tackled by Emmett. I tried to brace myself for what was coming, but even then, I grunted as the air was knocked out of me. I patted his head as he lifted me up high.

"Hey Emmett! I missed you too kiddo." He scoffed and put me down.

"Kiddo?" He asked as he crossed his arms. I grinned, nodding my head. He just smiled, saying he was glad to have me back

"Violette, Chere(dear), it's so nice to have you back with us." said Esme as she delicately hugged me. I smiled and returned the warm hug.

"It's good to be back mom!" I said happily as I stepped aside to the awaiting Carlisle.

"Ah! My last daughter has arrived!" Carlisle exclaimed as we hugged.

"It's good to be back Daddy." I told him as a few tears leaked out of my eyes.

"Violette! Your back!" shouted Alice as she embraced me next. "Did you get me what I asked from Paris?"

"Nice to see you too, Alice. No, I'm fine, not jet lagged at all," I said sarcastically while giggling as the others laughed. She just rolled her eyes and repeasted the question. " A friend of mine will be coming soon. Tomorrow, I promise. I bought stuff for you all! That reminds me though, can she stay here for a few days, only for a while?" I asked as I stared at my parents.

"I don't think that's a good idea she could get hurt and -"

"That won't be a problem. She's a vampire, her names Jenevive" I said as I cut my dad off.

"You were alone with a vampire in France?" I sighed, upon hearing the strain in my brother's voice.

"No, she's a veggie eater. Besides ,I can take care of myself big bro," I paused before continuing. "And I missed you, too" I said as I hugged Jasper tightly. I felt him stiffen up and I tried my best to stop my blood flow. He soon relaxed and returned the embrace.

"Then in that case yes, she's more than welcome. Does she know about you?" asked Carlisle. I scratched the back of my head, nervously. I heard them all groan. They knew I did that when I was avoiding something or playing dumb.

"Well, " I extended the word to buy time. "Not exactly," another pause. "Only half, but we can trust her! I just don't think she'd believe me" I scratched the back of my neck, looking away as I continued. "So...yeah!" I wanted to change the subject , but was interupted before I could finished. "Anyways, where's Ro-"

"Peek a boo!" Rosalie popped out of nowhere as she poked me.

"Aah!" I shouted as she laughed along with the others. "Not funny." I deadpanned, whining. "You know I'm useless like this." I scolded her. She was like my big sister, so I guess the sibling fighting was only expected. She huffed a sorry in between giggles.

"Hey there baby, I'm glad Alice got her Dolly back." She laughed again as did everyone else. Me and Alice glared at her. She apologized once she saw our faces. I bet your thinking, Rosalie? Playful? AS IF! Rose is and has always been great. She's just really overprotective of anyone, what's the word, different. I was once afraid of her.

Although she said she could never hate me. What with my dimples, rosy cheeks, plump pink lips, and effervescent green eyes with blue specks, reminded her of a little child. Especially since I always had an innocent smile to get me out of trouble. She constantly tried to make me feel better after my fights with Edward. Actually, I've heard that they hadn't talked since I left. With that thought, I realized. Where's Eddy?

"Um... Where's Edward? I thought he was just behind me" I stopped looking back. "I know he was.... he isn't that slow." I said looking around. I could see Rosalie stop laughing and a dark look graced her face.

"He's with the stupid HUMAN girl" she spat with venom. I flinched from the harsh tone

.

"Rosalie! Don't speak about Bella like that" She just walked inside. I followed as did the others. I looked back hoping to see Edward's Volvo pull up, but nothing.

I guess I wasn't a good enough reason to come home early. Sighing, I shook off the thought.