ch. 40: Here Comes the Bride

Chapter 40: Here Comes the Bride

*Time Skip To Wedding Day! *

*Violet's POV*

"Oh Bella! Stop fidgeting!" I sighed, listening to Alice harass the poor girl sitting before the vanity mirror.

"Aw! B-but Alice...is all this really necessary....I.... that's a lot of make-up..." I could hear Bella whining and tried not to sigh. Boy, this girl was worse than I was when it came to cosmetology. I was pale because I was a vampire, where as she just needed a bit of vitamins in her body. Although.... I think that Alice may be going too far with that blush...or was that blush? I couldn't tell.

"It's just enough! Now stop." I giggled and Alice shot me a glare. "And you missy! I haven't even gotten started on you, yet." This time it was Bella laughing at me, her giggles ringing in my ear., I frowned, standing up.

I took a step after every word I said next, getting closer and closer to the door. "Well, ...if anyone needs me.... I should go home now and.... see if the others are ready and.... bye" I ran for it, ready to swing the door open, but it wouldn't budge. I looked towards the side, Alice's petit finger pushing it into place. She brought back her finger and pointed to my previous spot.

"Now...if you're done, distracting me.... maybe you can help me do Bella's hair while I go get her dress." she told me, I sighed, but nodded. I looked at Bella's reflection and she gave an encouraging smile, I sighed.

"Wow...boy am I glad I'm not you right now." she looked nervous now, I think she thought I meant about getting married. "You know...sitting here. Having to face Alice's wrath and all!" I made grand gesture to show her what I meant. At that, she laughed. I started brushing her hair a bit, to get the knots out of it. "So...you excited?" I asked, trying to make small talk.

"Ugh...um....m-more nervous than excited." she tried to laugh it off, but I saw her hold her stomach. I smiled.

"My momma used to tell me fresh grapes helped settle the stomach. I'll tell Alice to get you some." I smiled at her through her reflection again. I reached for my phone and asked Bella to text the message to Alice for me while I continued on her hair, now picking it up to match Alice's description of her vision of the bride. Now that I thought about it, if Alice saw it, doesn't it mean that Edward has too? So much for bad luck if the groom sees the bride. Then again, we were an unlikely bunch.

"Violette?" I heard Bella call to me, I must have just dozed off because she looked at me strangely, most likely having noticed when I had started spacing out.

"Hm?" I acknowledged her, continuing to fix her hair again. She didn't continue right away, more so, she started running her fingers over her jeans, making small patterns.

"Do...you know anything about when you were born?" My hands stopped for a bit, before continuing to brush her hair.

"Yes. Why the sudden question Bells?" I asked her.

"It's just...I mean...I always thought how come Rose can't have children, but yet you're only half vampire." I looked at her, examining her. I think I finally understood what she was getting at. I put the comb to the side before leaning down in front of her.

"Bella, you can't. The whole point of this, you two getting married, is so after Edward can change you, right? That was your deal? Now you listen to me. Don't do nothing stupid like, try and get pregnant Bella. How I came to be, I'm not sure, but what I do remember...none of it is pleasant. Can you just imagine how a new born infant can recall her coming to the world. The shouts, the screams...this feeling that something is off, something has changed? It sounds like chaos. What I remember most was...this attachment to my mother, somehow I knew who she was and...I just always had an admiration to her." Bella smiled, I noticed my intention to frighten her out of this idea wasn't working, so here came the scary part. I sighed and looked away.