Truth or Dare

Caroline's P.O.V

'He was amazing. I don't know what the team would do without him.' Courtney said.

I was only partially listening. I was thinking about my classes. All the algebra homework I had to finish by the end of the week.

'Care? You okay girl?'Courtney asked.

'Huh? Oh yeah. Sorry. Just a little distracted.' I said.

As Courtney and I walked down the hallway of Devro College, I felt relief that the day was nearly over.

Then I spotted Justin, in all his hotness.

'Oh look, there's Justin.' Courtney said.

Like I haven't realized.

'Hey, Luke's with 'em. Maybe that's who you keep staring at.' teased Courtney, playfully bumping me. I just rolled my eyes.

If you only knew.

'Hey Justin. Hey Luke.' we called in unison.

'Hey Court. Hey Care,' Justin called,'What's up?'

Luke didn't say anything. He just backed away slowly until he was far, far away. Girls made him nervous.

'Nothing much,' Courtney said,' But, about that party we're going to...I have some stuff to do before I head over there. Could you give Care a ride? Oh, thanks babe, you're a peach.' Courtney said all of this before Justin could get a word in. The party was in the next town over.

'What?' I asked, looking at Courtney. She hadn't said anything about that.

'Oh come on Care. It'll be fine. Don't you trust me?' Justin asked.

Its not you I don't trust.

'Oh...well...umm.' I stuttered, struggling to form a coherent sentence.

Oh great. Could I have been anymore obvious.

'Oh good. Now that that's sorted, I can go get my stuff done. And I'll meet you guys there,' said Courtney, turning towards Caroline,'Kiss kiss.' She and I traded kisses on both cheeks. And with that, she turned around and strutted back to the dorm she and I shared.

I was left awkwardly staring at Justin.

. . . . .

I had changed into a black leather minidress with black high-heeled boots and had left my curly blonde locks cascading down my back with my bangs curled as well. I now sat in the passenger seat of Justin's flashy red Porsche.

Things had never been this weird between us. Of course, I had never been stuck alone in a small space with him.

'Sooo...how's things been goin' Care?' Justin asked. He sounded genuinely interested.

'Good. What about you?' I asked, trying to seem chill. And normally that wasn't a problem. But normally I wouldn't be sitting in the same car as the hottest boy at Devro College.

'Oh, you know, same as usual.' he said. Slowly, things drifted back the quiet. But this time it was a comfortable quiet. Justin put the radio on and 'Don't wake me up' by Jonas Blue was playing quietly in the background. The red Porsche was the only car on the road. Everything seemed so peaceful and serene. Until, a loud 'BANG' pierced the air. Justin pulled over on the side of the road and got out. 'Oh bloody amazing. That's all I need.' he muttered.