Chapter 25

Hannah POV:
"I could use some air. How about you?" Marc says.

"Yes. I would love to" it has been one of the best days I ever remember having, but some fresh air sounds amazing. But then I remember the pain I feel when I stand.

"Right.. Well I can carry you on my back? We can take a walk in the woods?" Marc suggest and something inside me beams a bit. It would be lovely to see the wolf again. But I'm not sure it will fell the same now that I know it's him.

"Only if you want to" he smiles and for some reason I choose to believe that I will be safe with him.

"Okay. I could use some fresh air"

He smiles brightly and stand up. "Okay then. Let's go" he puts the pizza boxes in the fridge and walk towards the front door. Slowly I walk out of the living room and outside. Marc takes off his shirt and I turn around to give him some privacy.

A wet nose pokes me on the arm and I turn around looking straight into a pair of golden eyes. I let go of a breath I didn't know I was holding in. Without thinking about it I run my fingers through his fur and freezes as I realize what I'm doing, but before I can pull my hand back he leans into my hand. The feeling of the soft fur is truly amazing.

He takes a few steps back and bends down. I walk around him and make myself comfortable on his back. "I'm ready" I say and hold on tight as he slowly raises from the ground.

The view of the nature seems different from the top of Marc's back. I inhale the fresh air and clear my head. A stream appears in front of us. The stream winds through the forest floor, around stones and branches broken off the large trees. The rippling sound of the water mixes with the chirping of birds. Marc looks around before slowly laying down on the ground. I get off and sit next to him. He stays lying next to me and looks out over the water.

We sit in silence for a while. Well I guess the silence depends on me as he can't speak in wolf form. I'm not even sure if it is considered to be Marc, or is the wolf actually a separate personality? I guess it would explain why I feel more comfortable around his wolf than I do around him. The world outside of our coven is so different. The movies we watched where about vampires, wolfs and humans. And I realized that I don't know anything about either species. Where they like in the movie? Did the wolfs go through their first change around the age of sixteen? Suddenly i have all these questions and Marc can't answer them given his current form.

"Are vampires real?" I ask as the thought pops in to my head that I'm not even sure if they are actually creatures or pure fiction.

He shakes his head and looks at me as if telling me to keep going with the questions.

It's not easy to ask the questions I want to know the answer to when all I can ask is yes or no questions.

"Do you understand what I'm saying as easily as you do normally?"

He nods again.

"Do you feel different as a wolf? Like physically and emotionally?"

He looks at me without moving his head.

"Not something you can say yes or no to?"

He shakes his head.

"Does wolf turn for the first time at sixteen like in the movie?"

He nods.

"Well I guess we something in common then. Or well.. We would have if I had gotten my powers at sixteen like I would have if I wasn't chosen to become an amplifier. I had practiced all the beginner spells you know. I was so excited about finally getting my powers. But I know my coven is better of with me as an amplifier instead of a witch with powers. It's my duty"

He looks at me with a hint of sadness in his eyes.

"Is Nelly your only sibling?"

He nods.

A question remains in my mind but I'm not sure if I want to hear the answer. I take a deep breath and try to sound confident but all that comes out is a whisper "have you ever taken a life?"

The silence is deafening as he stares at me his eyes full of emotions. Then his spine cracks followed by a pop. It takes me a few seconds to understand what is happening, but as I do, I turn around knowing that he will be naked.

"Promise me you won't run from me" he says his voice raw

That can only mean one thing. He has taken at least one life.

"I promise" I say not knowing how I would even escape him.

"I'm a warrior. I have been a part of several missions both inside and outside of pack territory. During these mission I have taken lives, but only when it was the only option" his voice is soft yet sad. Like he carry the weight of the lives that has been taken.

"Are you going to kill me?" I feel how my voice betrays me and cracks.

"No. Hannah I would never hurt you. I promise that I will never put my hands on you unless you tell me to. I can't tell you how much I regret how I treated you the first night you stayed at the house. I am so sorry for cornering you, for putting my hands on you and for not realizing how scared you where. It haunts me every day. I let you down. I betrayed the mate bond and I will do anything to earn your trust" something inside me wants to turn around, to look into his eyes and see if they show any signs of a lie. His voice sure doesn't. A tear falls down my cheek and I quickly wipe it away. A wet nose touch my arm and I turn around to face the golden eyes once again. His ears are laid down flat and his head is lowered. Another tear falls down my chin and without thinking too much about it I wrap my arms around his neck and hide my face in his fur. We stay like that for a while as the tears I can't seem to stop gets soaked up by his fur.

Eventually I loosen my grip and take a step back. I dry my eyes and look at the mighty wolf standing before me with his pleading eyes and wet fur.

"Can we go back? My feet are killing me" I say and give him a smile that doesn't quite feel sincere.

He bends down and I climb back up. After letting him know that I'm ready he slowly gets up and walk back.

The walk back seems longer but eventually we reach the house. I climb back down and walk into the house as Marc shift.