Chapter 37:

Marc POV:
I pick up my phone on the way out of the room where I just marked Hannah. My mate. I marked my mate.

"Hello" I say without even looking who it is.

"Marc where are you. I just talked with the prince. We have a problem. He wants Hannah" I hear Alpha say.

"I'm in the east wing. Hannah is here as well" I say and walk towards the large dining hall where the party is being held, but I halt my steps as I remember that Hannah is unprotected. I start to walk back, but then the door opens and Hannah steps out. Just the sight of her makes me regret that I didn't kiss her lips when I had the chance.

She freezes up when she sees me, and I can tell that she doesn't know what to do, so I take a deep breath and then I walk over to her.

"We have to go. The prince has made his claim on you to Alpha" I say softly and brush her hair away from her shoulder making her mark visible. The sight of it makes me want to smile, but I know that I have just pissed of one of the most powerful men of our kind. I marked who he wanted, and it might cost me my life. But she is worth it. For her, I'll give everything I have. Even my life.

At first she doesn't respond but then she nods and walk beside me down the small hall. As we reach the dining hall, Alpha, Luna, the prince and his men is standing in front of the entrance.

A rough growl reverberates through the room, and I know why. He has spotted the mark on Hannah. He knows that I claimed her.

"How dare you!" He yells, making Hannah stop immediately. I grab her hand, giving it a squeeze and then I keep walking. She holds on tightly, trying to tell me that she is scared, but her loud heartbeat already told me, and it has me on high alert. I will protect her at any cost.

"As I said; she is mine. And now there can't be any doubts it" I say enjoying the sound of it. She is mine.

"Don't think that this will stop me. I already claimed her to your Alpha" he spits and smiles wickedly.

"But I'm not her Alpha. I don't have any rights over her. If you wanted her, you should have made your claim to her coven my prince. But now she is a marked woman. And the law clearly says that any marked woman can not be chosen by another wolf. Hannah is his mate, so he has the right to mark her" Alpha says in a calm voice, trying to be respectful towards the prince.

"She hasn't marked you" he says his eyes wild.

"No. I guess that means that you could still choose me, but I have to warn you, I don't bent over for anyone, and I sure as hell don't go down without a fight" I say mockingly.

"You will regret this. I will make sure of it" he says his eyes dark with fury and then he storms out of the pack house.

We watch him and his men disappear down the stairs and inside a SUV. The engine roars as they take off, leaving a cloud of dust behind.

Alpha look from me to Hannah and then a smile forms on his face.

"Now that was one hell of a move" he says and nod towards Hannah's mark.

"I guess congratulations are in order" he says. Before he can say anything else, Luna walks over to Hannah and hug her tightly.

"We are not completing the bond" I say, as I can't take the happiness that radiates from them. They know that we can't be together. This doesn't change the fact that Hannah belongs in her coven. That she wants to leave. Or that I can't have a mate that isn't a wolf. Even if that means I won't get a mate.

"What do you mean?" Luna ask and look at me with a frown.

"I did it to keep her safe. But we still have to try and break it. I know this complicates things, but it must me possible still" I say as calmly as I can.