Chapter 19

Hannah POV:
We sit at a round table beautifully decorated with a large flower arrangement and candles. The golden tablecloth and napkins shine in the light from the chandeliers hanging from the ceiling. I'm placed between Marc and a man I haven't met before. Nelly and Jason sits across from me with a few people I don't know about them. On the other side of Marc is Kendal sitting, her chair pulled as close to him as possible. Kendal puts her hand on Marc's arm as she leans in towards his ear and say something. A small knot forms in my stomach, but it disappear as fast as it came. Why would I feel that? I don't want him. I actually prefer that he occupies himself with her so that he doesn't need me to satisfy his needs.

"Hello love I'm Jack," the man besides me says and gives me a smile. He appears to be in his thirty's, his hair has a few silver strains and the three piece suit looks quite expensive. "You look absolutely beautiful. I don't know what I did to deserve a woman like you to be my companion tonight" he raises his glass and awaits for me to do the same. Not wanting to be rude I lift my glass with a red liquid in it and say "I'm Hannah" hoping he won't notice that I don't reply to his comment about my appearance or that he believes himself to be lucky. He takes a sip so I do the same but the liquid doesn't seem to burn his throat like mine does. I can't help the unwilling grimace I make with my face, and he seems to find it quite amusing.

Some waitresses arrive at the table and places a plate in front of each of us. I thank the girl as she puts the plate in front of me and she smiles and nods in return.

I'm not sure what it is on my plate but it looks fancy. "It's cold smoked salmon with caviar and lemon" Marc says in a low voice as i eye the plate in an attempt to figure out what it is. As he says it he leans in towards me and I can feel hit hot breath against the side of my neck. I feel my heart beating a little faster and I can't help but inhale his scent. A warm feeling spreads through my body but I shift my position on the chair and create som space between us. What is happening to me?

I take a small bite of the salmon and I can't stop the small moan that escapes my mouth. It tastes so good and it literally melts on my tongue. It's juicy and full of flavor. A flavor that I have never tried before. I have tasted salmon before but never one like this.

"Never had salmon before?" Jack ask his voice dark and low "it sure does sound like you like it" A growl from Marc interrupts him.

"Marc. Long time no see. I heard it's going well at the training fields" Jack says and lean back in his seat.

"It is. You should join us some time. I sure would like to show you how it's done" Marc says in a tone that sounds like pure poison. His hate for this man is quite clear and I can't help but think that there is some bad blood between them.

Jack laughs loudly "I'm sure you would" He shift in his seat with makes his leg touch mine. I pull my leg back immediately but his leg follow mine. I feel my heart beating faster as I try to think of a way out of the situation. I hear the others talk but I don't know what they are saying. I can't focus on anything but the touching of his leg.

A waitress moves in between Jack and me to take our plates with make him shift in his seat and create a hole between our legs. I breathe a sigh of relief but I still can't calm myself completely as I keep expecting him to move back.

After a while the main course has been served and eaten. It won't be long until I make my escape. The time plan for the evening states that there will be dancing and the dessert. When everyone is dancing I can slip out without anyone noticing. I wrote a note to the council and a note to my mother. The one for the council is a warning telling them about the deadly plan the wolfs has and the one for my mother is a letter telling her that I love her Incase I don't survive. I don't have the address but hopefully someone outside of the coven will.

Kendal has been trying to get Marc's attention all night but for some reason he is not giving it to her. Is he not satisfied with her anymore? And if so, what does that mean for me? Does he expect me to satisfy his needs now? I can't take any chances I have to leave!

Suddenly my body freezes completely. A hand has been placed on my thigh. A hand belonging to Jack. I feel like I forget how to breathe and my vision is darkening. Did someone turn down the light? My chair is pulled away from the table and Jack release my thigh.

"Marc! Marc stop!" I hear Nelly say but I can't seem to make my eyes look anywhere else than my thigh. My breath is stuck in my throat and I feel like I'm suffocating. I jump up from my seat and hurry out of the pack house and kneel down as soon as the fresh air hits my face.

I'm not sure how long I sit for but at some point a voice makes me jump up again "well you sure know how to get attention don't you." Kendal says as she moves closer to me. "So what was the plan? To get his attention? To make him want you? Because neither is going to end well for you. He might see you as his new plaything but sooner or later he will get tired of you and when he does, we'll let's just say that breathing will be difficult. He can literally squeeze the life out of you. Nothing he hasn't done before."

"I... I don't want his attention.." is all I can force myself to say my heart now beating rapidly in my chest again.

"Well you have it. He is pissed! You let another man touch you. He won't forgive that" she looks at me with a blank expression.

"Please. I don't want to die" I cry out.

"Then go home before it's too late" she turns back around and walk in to the pack house.

I rip my shoes of and look around. The forest is close so I run. As fast as my bare feet can carry me. The tears pouring from my eyes blurring my vision i run towards the large forest hoping that the pack territory ends soon.