Chapter 7:

Marc POV:
I pace around my bedroom unable to decide on what to do next. How am I supposed to continue my everyday life with a witch in my home? A fucking witch?! I must have pissed off the moon goddess in some way, otherwise I don't see why she can choose a witch as my mate. But her choice is wrong and I will undo it! Whatever it takes I will undo it!

At least now that she is here the building pain in my stomach has stopped. It stopped the moment I saw her at the clinic just before. The separation these few days gave me a growing pain in my stomach, but I refused to sit around at the clinic waiting for her to be discharged. And I needed the space to think. To try and come up with a solution. I haven't come up with anything yet.

I can hear her heart beating in a steady rhythm and just a squeal came from her. She is happy! I can't believe it! She is crashing into my life and my home and she is happy about it! But then my thoughts get distracted. I can hear her heart beating faster, her breathing getting more intense and her adrenaline pumping. She's scared. I open the bedroom door and go out into the hallway trying to decide if I should check on her or not. It's probably just a spider or a bug. Witches are high maintenance and whining! But still I fell the need to check on her. My wolf is worried, I can feel it. I hear her walk around the room so I decided that it's not necessary for me to check up on her.

I hear the front door opening and I recognize the footsteps from the person who enters my home. After a few seconds I can hear the fridge door open and a soda can being opened. I walk down the stairs and inside the kitchen where my sister is sitting on a barstool.

"Congratulations! I can't believe you found your mate! Where is she? I want to meet her!" Nelly says and hug me tightly. "It's nothing to congratulate. I'm not marking her. She is not going to be my mate. And how did you even find out?" Her face turns blank as my words sinks in.

"What the hell are you talking about? Of course you're marking her. She is your mate. The one chosen by the moon goddess herself. Don't be an idiot Marc." She says and punch my arm.

"She's a witch! She can't be my mate. I'm not accepting her as my mate." I argue. My sister is as stubborn as I am, but this time she is on the loosing side of the argument. She must have hit her head very hard if she thinks I'm marking and mating with a witch. She of all people should know exactly why.

"I'm going to say hi. Is she in the guest room?" I don't get a chance to respond before she is halfway up the stairs. What is wrong with everybody? They only act like this because it's not them who has to live with a witch. How do I know she won't put a spell on me? Wait! What if it's not actually a mate bond but just a spell? Maybe the moon goddess didn't fail me after all, maybe it's the witches playing a trick on us! I grab my car keys and walk out to the truck.

After a short drive, I'm back at the pack house. I knock on Alpha's door and he asks me to come in. "What can I do for your Marc?" He looks at some papers on his desk with a drink in hand. His hair is tousled and his shirt seems to need a change.

"I think I'm under a spell" I say, pacing around his office.

"A spell? Like the kind made by witches or the emotional 'I'm in love' kind?" He says, scratching his beard.

"The witch. I think it's a spell that makes me think she's my mate" I explain.

"I don't think so, Mark. The witches were not easy to convince to let her stay. And I heard their heartbeats. They would rather have had her come back home" Alpha says, leaning back in his chair.

"Maybe she did it without them knowing it" I counter-argue.

"I certainly don't think that is the case. She can't use magic" he says and smiles.

"She can't use magic? She is a witch who can't use magic? So not only did I get a witch as a mate, I got a broken useless witch?!" I shout, staring at him in pure defeat.

Alpha rises from his chair and points a finger at my chest. "You are the greatest warrior we have. If anyone can fight to make this work, it's you. She may be a witch and even a witch without powers, but just see her as a human. I know you want a wolf and I understand that, but maybe there's more to her than you see. Can't you give it a try?" Alpha asks, handing me a drink.

"I don't understand why everyone thinks I should just mark her and let her be my mate. I don't want her, and if she really was meant to be my mate, then shouldn't I feel something else? Feel joy, love, infatuation? Anything but disgust and annoyance!" I take a big sip of the whiskey and feel the burning sensation in my throat.

"I'm sorry your mate is not everything you wanted. Joanna is going through all her books. When she finds something, she comes to me. In the meantime, just keep the witch happy so she stays here. We don't want to pick a fight with the witches" Alpha says and goes back to his desk. I leave his office and head out to the training fields.

"Look what the cat dragged in!" says Jason laughing. Jason and I grew up together. He's like my brother. We don't exactly look like brothers, as my skin is more tan and his skin is dark, but brothers nonetheless. He is also a warrior. We have been training together since we were children and now we are teaching the young warriors to fight. We always knew we wanted to be warriors. My sister on the other hand wanted to be in the fashion business but couldn't bring herself to leave the pack. Some choose careers outside the pack. Some still live on pack territory, and others go to college or find jobs in other states. We still see them as pack members, and when they are needed, they come home.

Our pack is quite large. Including those living elsewhere, we are more than 500 people. Those who live here either have jobs outside the pack and share their wages with the pack, or they work inside the pack. Some cook, some take care of the fields and greenhouses, some are part of the medical staff and so on. I'm part of our army and I train the others. I'm the best warrior we have. My father's bloodline was an alpha bloodline, but he was never an alpha of status. He was also a warrior.

Most nights, the pack eats together in the dining hall. This is usually a great way to catch up with the other pack members. I'm not taking the witch with me. I simply refuse to show up with a witch. I'm not just going to broadcast that my mate is a witch. But somehow the word must have spread. I never found out how Nelly knew. Although it's not surprising to me that she found out. I never could keep a secret from her for long.

"Leaving your mate alone already? I had expected you two to be going crazy in between the sheets by now. The honeymoon period is said to hit instantly" Jason says with a wide grin on his face.

"She's not going anywhere near my bed. I already told you.. I'm not sleeping with a witch. No matter how hot she is" I snap back.

"So you do think that she's hot?" He laughs and winks.

"No.. Well yes, but.. That's not.. I didn't.." Jason's laugh cuts me off and I notice some of the other worriers staring at us. "She is hot! If you don't want her I'll be happy to take her off your hands"

I can't stop the growl. It simply escapes me like it has a mind of its own. But I know why. Even though I don't want her, my body and my instincts disagree. The mate bond I a powerful thing and I know I have to keep my head clear and not let my instincts win.

I pull my shirt off and enter the training field pointing out several people to fight me. Six against one. With the rage I feel at this point, six people couldn't hold me down even on their best day.