Chapter 24

Chapter 24 Of Colorless: Off into the night we go!

Song ~ Rob Natola - Blind Planet

Quick update, so forgive me if it's short, I'm editing later!!

*~•~*

The long ride back to campus was torturing. I had stopped crying about two hours ago and now my sniffling had become extremely annoying. Noah's tense form never relaxed and his harsh grasp on the steering wheel only seemed to become harder, making his knuckles white. His jaw locked tightly as he stared straight ahead, not sparing me a single little glance.

Where do we stand? I don't know anymore.. I seem to be ten pages ahead of him while he seems stuck on the table of contents.

If he needed space, I'll gladly give him that. But to stop loving him, i can't erase my feelings for him.. I can't just do that and I don't want to.

Arriving at campus, only made me feel worse. We lived right across from each other and it wouldn't help my feelings go away if I see him everyday. And what about Tyler? I know he's probably waiting at my door step with some roses saying that he's sorry. He's blowing up my phone with messages about how he's so sorry and how I should take him back.

I felt stressed out with my love life and my school life smashing together head on. Not only did I have to avoid Tyler; the boy who claims he loves me but I don't feel the same way-- and I had to try and get over Noah; the boy I love with all my heart, but won't love me back. My mind was a mess at the moment.

Mrs. Clark expected me to have another masterpiece idea when I came back and sadly, I had none. Maybe I'll paint a piece about pancakes... They make me happy.

But knowing Mrs.Clark, she would want me to do my best, nothing less. It was easy to please her. But I wanted to also paint something that pleased me too. All I wanted was Noah and he's totally out of my reach.

My first painting I did of him was my view of him. Noah was a mystery. A beautiful one at that. Every time I looked at him, I couldn't help but to feel a pull towards him. Not only was he sex on legs but he was perfect. No such thing is real, but he comes close to it.

" Stop staring at me. " He muttered as he noticed my gazing. We were parked in the campus's parking lot next to the dorms and we just sat there for a moment before he abruptly got out the car and popped the trunk. Following suit, I jumped out the car and went to the trunk to grab my bags.

I stretched my arms back into my hoodie sleeves and reached in for my bags, but Noah had beat me to it and swiftly lifted them out along with his own bags. I opened my mouth to say something but nothing came out, instead a deeper frown etched it's way onto my face as I moped behind him. I sighed heavily as we climbed the stairs and made it to our level.

Noah calmly put my bags at my door and simply went inside his dorm without a single glance or goodbye; just nothing. I took out my keys and unlocked the door and kicked all my things inside. Unfortunately, there was no sign of Hayden so that meant she was still gone with her parents.

I didn't even bother to unpack my bags, I was mentally and physically exhausted. I dragged myself to my room and collapsed on my bed, my tears threatening to fall again. But I had no more tears to cry with all the crying I've been doing lately. I sighed once more and drifted off into a deep sleep.

~

I woke up around noon with a grumbling stomach and a full bladder-- smh. Rolling around in my bed, yawning like some sort deranged of dinosaur. I opened my eyes and screamed bloody murder.

" NOAH?! What the fuck man? You almost made me pee on myself!!! " I screeched at his dark form sitting on one of the kitchen stools at the foot of my bed. Amusement swam around in his eyes as his face remained neutral. What in the world was he doing here? He avoided me and now he wants to be around me? How did he even get in? I never gave him a key!!

" How'd you get in? What are you doing here? Why are you here? " I rushed out as I sat up in my bed-- I probably looked a mess right now.

" Did Hayden tell you where she was going for her break? " He asked as all amusement wiped from his face. I furrowed my eyebrows together, Hayden only told me she was going to visit her parents for a few weeks and that's all. And... She should've been back by now.

" She was going to visit her parents for their anniversary. But that's all she told me." I told him. " Why? "

He sighed heavily as he closed his eyes rubbed his temples before his hands clenched into tight fist. What was he getting upset about?

" What's wrong? " I reached out to touch his arm but he abruptly stood up and out of my reach.

" We need to go. Pack some clothes and come with me. " He ordered as a stone cold look was now on his face. He looked at me for a minute before turning to leave my room. But I caught him before he could go past my bed.

" What's going on? Why are we leaving? What happened?! " He was starting to freak me out and I didn't like it. He sighed and I could sense he was fighting the urge to roll his eyes.. Well forgive me for not being willing and calm about this mister!!

" I'll explain later but right now, we need to go quickly, hurry and pack whatever you need. " He stressed as he pulled out his phone and dialed a number, he gave me a pointed look as if to say ' hurry up ' before he pressed the green call button and left me confused on my bed.

I got out of bed, not wanting him to come back in here to fuss like an angry parent when their kids won't get up for school. I grabbed a duffel bag that just so happened to be peaking out from under my messy bed. I quickly grabbed it and looked through my drawers to grab some pants and a couple of shirts and stuffed them inside. I grabbed my phone and my charger of course, the stories on my Wattpad were too precious to leave behind. I slung the bag over my back, ready to go; until I forgot that I was only in pajama shorts and a tank top. I knew late at night it gets a little cold, so I quickly put on baggy pants and a hoody I found scattered on the floor. I slipped on my shoes and dashed out of my room, bumping into an already fuming Noah who was yelling loudly at someone over the phone. I felt bad for whoever it was, the tone Noah was using was enough to even make me startled when it wasn't even directed at me.

" Let's go." He bit out as he started walking at a fast pace, not waiting up for me at all. I had to basically run to keep up with him for his legs were way longer than mine.

" Where are we going? " I shouted after him as he slowed down in front of a motorcycle that looked really expensive and really really fast.

" Somewhere." He grinned coldly at me before he swung a leg over the motorcycle and grabbed the helmet that was propped up on the handle bars and offered it to me. I was in complete awe, not just with Noah but the motorcycle itself. It was sleek and shiny with sliver outline on some of the parts to make it look more serious and bold. It it was beautiful and screamed ' look at me! '. Noah had a matching helmet in his hand; sleek, shiny and black.

" Get on. " He nodded his head to the side as I stared opened mouth at him. I had never ridden a motorcycle in my life and since when did Noah get a motorcycle?

Snapping out of it, I quickly walked over to him and grabbed the helmet from him and slipped it over my head. I had an ' awwwwee ' moment at he fact that he had given me his only helmet just for my safety and protection.

I swung my leg over seat and awkwardly wrapped my arms around Noah's tense form as he looked over his shoulder to glance at me. He made sure I was on properly before kicking back the kickstand and starting the engine, giving the throttle a little twist to make a rough growl escape the motorcycle.

He then smirked over his shoulder at me before zooming off into the darkness of the night; leaving me screaming for my life as I almost got whiplash as we darted down the roads of our campus.

With my hair blowing my face and into my mouth-- even with the helmet on, some wind made its way into he helmet and moved my hair around, Noah only sped up more; going at least a hundred mile per hour on the dark dangerous road.

I didn't know where we were going, but Noah better have a good explanation.