Chapter 16

Chapter 16 Of Colorless: Sweet dreams

Song ~ Dojo Cat - So High( San Holo Remix) * I love this song *

Aren't you guys amazed at how fast I updated these past two chapters? Thank the power of Cookie Dough Ice Cream for motivating me to update 🙌🙌🙌.

•*~*•

" OH MY GOODNESS! SKYLAR!"

" ERRY BEARY!"

You know that dramatic hug you and your best friend do when you haven't seen each other in a long time?

Well that's what we did, I ran full speed at her while she dramatically opened her arms wide, awaiting my less than perfect belly flop.

" I missed you so much! " " I know right, I missed you so so so much!" " I love your hair! You cut it?!!! How dare you!" " Well I'm sorry they didn't have cell phone reception over the Atlantic Ocean!" " When did you get back?" " When did you get back?!"

" GIRLS!"

Skylar and I both stopped our bickering to turn and look at my father who had an annoyed look on his face while my mother tried her best to hold in her giggles. Tyler and Noah just looked confused and lost.

" Hey Mr.& Mrs.Barstonn, I missed you guys." Skylar untangled her self from my arms to give my parents one big hug.

" Hey honey, glad your back." My mother said as she smiled lovingly at Skylar who was consider apart of the family ever since we started first grade together.

" How's your dad?" My father asked and we all grew a sorrowful look.

Skylar's father had just came out of his grieving state when Skylar's mother died a few years ago while we were in high school. Skylar wasn't as effected by it since she had me and my parents to help her cope but her father, he didn't take it too well. He started drinking but my father was there to help him stop it before it got out of handle. Skylar lived with us up until senior year where she then went off into the Marines.

" He'a doing well. When I got back, we went out to six flags like we did when I was younger. He seems to be back to his normal self, or at least close to it." Skylar smiled sadly but her smile turned into a smirk when she looked over to see Noah and Tyler standing there, awkwardly.

" Eryn, Eryn, Eryn." She said slowly. " Is there more of these handsome men down there at that college? I think I'll have to swoop by there to pick me up a few also."

Skylar was also blunt about how she felt and said whatever came to her mind. She was always confident and uplifted, even as a little girl; well -- back then she wouldn't shut up about her opinion on everything.

" Skylar, meet Tyler, my boyfriend." I stepped up next to Tyler and intertwined our hands but found it weird when I found myself clutching on to his unresponsive fingers to keep them from falling away. What was up with him?

" Nice to meet you Tyler. " Skylar nodded towards him.

" And this is Noah." I gestured over to Noah who nodded at Skylar and she did the same, shooting me a look of interest. I caught it and gave her a look that said we would discuss this later. She nodded.

" Well, I'll go set up the table. I'll call you kids in when dinners ready. It should be a few more minutes." My mom started to put on her pink " kiss the cook " apron as she headed toward the kitchen.

" Let me help you with that." Noah and Tyler both said in unison as they rushed after my mother who started to disappear into the kitchen.

" No thank you boys, I got things from here." She laughed and patted then both on the forearm, her hand lingering a little longer on Noah's more bulky and muscular bicep.