Chapt 16 | a deep confession

(Millie's POV)

"Hey! Watch the streamers I just set those up!" I told Gaten and Caleb as they were playing far to close to them. "Sorry Millie", Gaten said.

"Okay are we set?" I ask Noah desperately. "I believe so", he replied with a smirk. I roll my eyes and sigh, "okay I'll let Sadie know that we're ready for them to come." I say pulling out my phone.

'We're ready'

5 mins later.

'On our way'

"They're coming". I look around and see everyone in a group. "And guys, remember to keep it to yourselves about her mom, okay? This is a day to remember happily".
________________________________

(Y/n's POV)

"You excited?" Sadie was first to break the silence on the way to the ware house. "Of course I am, I can't wait to see everyone again."

She smiled, "I'm glad". She seemed off, which wasn't surprising.. I had just lost my mother yesterday and was going to a party.

But I didn't want to think about that.

15 minutes later.

Millie met Sadie and I outside the ware house and led us inside.

Everyone was happy to see me and nobody mentioned my mom, which I wasn't upset about at all.

"Y/n hey!" Gaten ran up to me and hugged me, "hey Gaten, do you know where the drinks are?" He nodded, "come this way".

I followed him to a stand that had punch, soda and waters.

"Thank you so much", I smiled.

"Of course-" Someone yelled his name and he apologized and walked off.

Millie was next to me in a matter of seconds, "hey Y/n how do you like the party?" I looked at her, taking a drink of punch. "It's great, thank you for this".

"Of course, oh and before I forget Sadie wants to talk to you outside." She said and grabbed a cup of water.

"Okay thank you, see you later?" Millie nodded and walked off to meet Noah.

3 minutes later.

I couldn't find Sadie for a few minutes but eventually I saw her sitting in a chair outside, facing away from me.

"Hey Sadie!" I said happily as I walked closer to her. She turned to me and smiled, "Y/n hey".

"Millie said you wanted to speak with me?" I ask and take a seat across from her. She sighs and takes a deep, agonizing breath.

"Yeah. I wanna talk to you about something important.." Hopefully it's not about my mother.

"I know this is poor timing with everything going on... but I wanted to tell you-" she paused to take a deep breath.

"I really do like you Y/n".
________________________________

Okay don't hate me that this is LITERALLY the shortest chapter EVER. I wanted to make a cliffhanger and this is like my best option. Since it's a short ass chapter, I'll probably make another chapter now, work on it tomorrow, and most likely post it.