Chapt 15 | a distraction

(Y/n's POV)

I fell asleep on the couch with Sadie, Millie and Noah had left us alone and went to my moms room, or what was her room. I think they were pretty skeptical if they should be going into her room. But I told them it was fine.

My body felt numb which was a why I ended up sleeping on the couch and not moving to my own bed.

Sadie had stuck with me all night, not moving once, not even going to the bathroom.

I felt as if it was my fault, maybe if she hadn't gotten on an early flight home to come meet Sadie, she wouldn't have crashed. God, it was my fault. I couldn't believe this, it was all fake, it had to be. But I knew it wasn't.

My mom was dead and it was my fault.
________________________________

(Millie's POV)

Noah and I hadn't slept at all last night, after Y/n got the news her mother passed. I'm surprised we got even an hour of sleep.

"I feel horrible Millie", Noah said as he sat up against the head board. "Me too, I can't believe this happened, especially now."

"I know! I was so excited to meet her mom and I wanted to invite her to the party we were planning- oh and about that", I looked at him and nodded. "We should reschedule", He sighed, "I agree".

With another sigh we both got up and headed to the bathroom.
________________________________

(Y/n's POV)

I knew they had felt bad, obviously. But I didn't want them to feel some sort of guilt, I got my mom to come home early to meet famous people. If anything it's my fault.

I got up from the couch on wobbly legs, I breathed in and out, turning around to see Sadie still asleep. I stopped in my tracks when she shifted onto her side.

Once I realized she wasn't awake, I walked upstairs to my bedroom, feeing an empty pit in my stomach as I closed the door behind me.

Walking to the other side of my room I fell onto my bed, scooting to my nightstand.

A year ago today, my mom took a picture of me when I was outside, practicing hard for Volleyball. I was so mad at her for interrupting me, I screamed.

But then it was my favorite picture she'd taken of me. I still feel light headed from the news I received last night.

But then I realized, I had to tell my entire family the news. Even my grandmother.
________________________________

(Sadie's POV)

I rolled over with a yawn as I stretched my arms. I grabbed my phone to check the time, 9:45am, great. I was hoping I'd sleep in.

I sat up, but only then did I realize Y/n was gone. I looked around hoping to see her but I didn't.

She's probably upstairs, I thought as I walked up the stairs and knocked on her door. "Come in".

I walked in slowly, noticing Y/n curled into a ball on her bed staring at something on her table.

"What are you doing?" I ask, walking over to the bed and sitting down.

"Thinking", she said with a quiet sigh.

"About?" I ask turning my body completely towards her.

"How it's all my fault.." She says as her eyes start to tear up.
________________________________

(Y/n's POV)

I couldn't talk about it without crying, which was why I was going to try and distract myself as much as possible.

Starting with that party.

I ran downstairs with a smile on my face, Noah and Millie were getting ready to head out.

"Hey! Can I talk to you guys?" I ask, stopping them in their tracks.

They both turn around to face me.

"Hey Y/n, need anything?" Noah asked me.
I take a deep breath, "yes, about that party.."

"Oh don't you worry, we are going to talk to everyone tonight to reschedule", Millie reassured me.

"No! I mean- I need the distraction so please don't cancel! I'd love to go and hang out with everyone tonight!"

Millie and Noah look at each other as if they're questioning my statement. "Uhh yeah okay! We'll decorate tonight and tell Sadie to drive you!"

I nod eagerly.

"Thank you so much!" I say as I hug the both of them.

My mom wouldn't want me to dwell on the past.

Everything happens for a reason... right?