Chapter 23

Niall drove us to the restaurant in London and we parked a fair way away because we were under strict instructions to make sure that we were caught by paparazzi. Niall jumped out of the car and walked around to my side of the car, he opened the door for me and then helped me out. “Are you nervous?” He asks curiously as we started to walk down the main streets of London. It was getting late as the sun was going down but we were noticed almost straight away by some passing teenage girls.

“Nope not really,” I say shaking my head. I smile when Niall takes my hand and slides his fingers between mine.

“Why not? You’re on a date with me!” He chuckles.

“Are you fishing for a compliment Nialler?” I giggle as he squeezes my hand and leads me around a corner and right in to a bunch of teenage girls. They screech with excitement and we stop so Niall can sign some autographs and take some photos. So I stand to the side and he does his thing and a few minutes later we head off down the street hand in hand.

Being out in town was nice because I hadn’t been out in a long time and being with Niall was almost like a breath of fresh air. We turned another corner and walked towards the restaurant and we were finally spotted by a paparazzo. “Niall! Niall over here!” The man with the camera shouted. We just kept walking as he followed us down the street. Other photographers appeared as we neared the restaurant which was frequented by famous couples.

It was weird being followed and I was relieved once we got in to the restaurant so we could relax a little. The waiter escorted us to a booth, took our order for drinks and walked off to get our drinks. “Is this weird for you?” I ask Niall curiously.

“Not really, but if you fall in love with don’t tell Louis because he’ll bash me up, he told me he would.” He laughs.

“He did not!” I scoff and then shake my head. “Actually I wouldn’t put it past him. I’m pretty sure I won’t fall in love with you,” I giggle and the waiter returns with our drinks. Niall has a beer and I have a glass of wine. We chat normally for a while before looking over the menu, I laugh at Niall’s face as he reads the description of the steak out loud.

“I’m having that!” His eyes light and he grins at me.

“I think I’ll have the risotto.” I tell him and close the menu as a young lady from across the room pulls out her phone and starts snapping photos of me and Niall. I take my opportunity to shuffle closer to Niall and whisper, “There’s a girl over there taking pictures of us,” Niall nods and slips his arm around my waist and puts his lips to my ear.