Chapter 18

“What?” He’s shocked. He thought I was going to say yes to being his girlfriend. I suppose he wouldn’t have asked if he didn’t think there was a possibility that I wouldn’t say yes.

“I can’t…” I breathe as I look up at him.

I’m not saying no because I don’t like him, I mean I know I like him but the fact of the matter is four days ago I got raped by my ex-boyfriend and I am not ready to just jump back in to another relationship. No matter how much I like Louis, I was raped and I’m scared.

“I...” He doesn’t know what to say. The others have stopped what they were doing and their glancing at us awkwardly as Liam pulls out a wad of cash and hands the right amount to the young girl behind the counter. I’ve made it awkward now and I’m slightly worried that he’s going to get mad at me.

“Let’s go outside,” I murmur and tug on his hand and we walk past the lads who are just standing there awkwardly. Louis lets go of my hand and I frown, I don’t want him to be mad at me but it’s been three weeks since I met him. “Louis I like you a lot but-.”

“But just as a friend… I should have known you were going to say that I’ve heard it plenty of times before-.”

“Will you shut up and let me continue, that’s not what I was going to say. I need some time Lou, it’s been four days since …” I can’t say it out loud. I try but it’s actually physically impossible for me to say that I got raped. Louis slaps his hand to his head.

“I am such an idiot. I am so sorry.” I mutters.

“It’s fine, I’d like to be your girlfriend one day … but not yet.” I smile up at him and he smiles back down at me happy to hear that one day I’d like to be his girlfriend. I don’t want to jump in to a relationship so quickly after everything with Thom. And the fact is I’ve only known Louis for a few weeks, I’d like to know him  a little better first and the fact that we’re already living together makes me feel like I’d be diving on to a boat that has a ramp to walk up. I want to take things slowly.

Louis wraps his arms around my neck and pulls me in to a gentle hug. I lean my head on his chest and wrap my arms around his waist. “Does this mean I should stop kissing you?” He asks curiously.

“You don’t have to,” I say slowly.

“Really?”

“Well I’m not sure, I just don’t want to rush things. We’ve only known each other for just over three weeks. I like kissing you but maybe we should save it for when I’m ready,” I feel like kicking myself. I’m totally ready for kissing! Who wouldn’t be ready to kiss Louis Tomlinson? Basically I just don’t want to label it. If we define the relationship I’m going to feel pressured and I don’t want to be scared.

“I can handle that,” He smiles down at me and I suddenly feel like I’ve made a mistake. I already know that I don’t like not seeing his face and his smile is so wonderful it’s almost addictive. I know I more than like Louis, maybe I should have said yes. Great, now I’m second guessing myself. “One more for good luck?” He grins cheekily. I nod quickly and he leans down and pressed his lips to mine firmly. When he goes to pull away and I pull him back gently because I’m not done. He smirks in to the kiss and finally pulls away when a flash goes off and suddenly we’re surrounded by about fifteen teenage girls and a two photographers. Shit.