Chapter 145

Chapter 145: Chen Xiao Mai's Engagement Banquet

Ji Yun An sat in the restaurant with one of his close classmates Wei Qiyu.

"Yun An, Sha County is much more lively than I imagined! How great!"really good!" Wei Qiyu was rejoicing.

Wei Qiyu originally thought that he would be starving once he arrived at Sha County, but to his surprise, he had tried so many unique delicacies without ever needing to worry about his nect meal. His face had even become plump.

What made Wei Qiyu even happier was that the food of Sha County was not expensive in his standard.

It would cost more than three times if he wanted to try different delicacies every single meal.

"Qiyu, all jokes aside, I'm really surprised a young master like you who revels in a high position and indulges in comfort has actually come all the way from the capital city to this remote county," said Ji Yun.

Wei Qiyu shook his fan and said listlessly, "It's not like I have an option! I didn't pass the exam, my father kept enumerating my wrongdoings due to that, and I've had enough, so I decided to do some travelling and use Sha County as a place of refuge. But to be honest, I wasn't the only one who didn't pass the exam, I really don't know why father was so angry. It's your fault in a way. Not only have you passed the exam, but you decide to retake it for a better ranking, that makes me look even more incapable!"

Ji Yun An smiled, "I'm really sorry."

Wei Qiyu looked at Ji Yun An's cheeky smile and pouted. "All right, I forgive you, my friend. It is really torturous along the way. I'm afraid I couldn't make it if not for all the delicious food you have described."

Ji Yun An glanced at Wei Qiyu and said: "I thought you came here because you have heard the news that the imperial court was keen to establish relations with the Liao Dynasty."

Wei Qiyu scratched his head with a fan and said, "Of course I need to make a high-sounding excuse in front of my parents, otherwise how could they let me go!"

Ji Yun An glanced at Wei Qiyu and said, "How cheeky!"

Wei Qiyu crossed his arms and said, "It's not just me who has fooled his parents. Have you seen all the young masters wandering on the street right now? From what I have seen, these guys look like good-for-nothings."

Ji Yun An said, "You just find everyone suspicious because you are guilty."

Wei Qiyu waved his hand and said, "Enough about me. I heard that you are about to get engaged with Magistrate Lu's brother-in-law?"

Ji Yun An nodded and said happily, "Yeah!"

Wei Qiyu frowned and said, "Your father won't agree! Have you told him about this engagement?"

Ji Yun An's face darkened, "I don't need his approval, I already have my uncle's support."

Wei Qiyu held his chin and said with a snigger, "I think your father must be stamping his foot in anger right now."

"Not my concern. There will always be people who are happy to comfort him," there was a hint of sarcasm in Ji Yun An's tone.

There were many considerate and beautiful women around Zhao Heng.

Wei Qiyu said curiously, "You are something else, my friend! There are so many beautiful ladies in the capital who are eager to betroth you. But you, you are chasing after a Bio boy! Wait, the drumstick sketch hidden in your book, was it drawn by him?"

Ji Yun An nodded and said, "Yeah, his name is Chen Xiao Mai, and I think the sketch is very cute!"

Wei Qiyu rolled his eyes and thought, 'I knew it! No wonder he got so snappy when I laughed at that sketch, turns out it was from his sweetheart! Aww, Yun An, madly in love, cannot even tell it's a lousy sketch.'