Chapter 106

Chapter 106: To Unearth the Truth

In Chen family.

Grandma Chen said sullenly, "What was Chen Xiao Mi thinking? He actually has asked his owner brother to marry Shen Chi, a Bio! He is a Bio, he gave birth to a Bio kid, and now his brother married a Bio! What a ridiculous family!"

Grandpa Chen sighed and said, "Let's not talk them behind their back now that they don't mind being betrothed with a Bio."

Grandma Chen asked excitedly, "What do you mean by that, how can I just ignore it? Chen Xiao Mi didn't even inform me about his brother's wedding!"

Grandma Chen thought that even if Chen Xiao Mi had renounced them, he was still their grandmother. She must be among the guests list for the wedding. So on the day Chen Xiao Cai got married, Grandma Chen got changed first thing in the morning and waited for Chen Xiao Mi to come invite her.

Grandma Chen originally thought that if Chen Xiao Mi came, she would put on airs before she accepted the invitation. However, Grandma Chen waited at home till lunch time, and there was still no one visited her. Grandma Chen started to realized that the Chen Brothers had already renounced her from their hearts, it didn't even occur to them that they needed to invite their 'grandmother' in name.

On the other hand, Grandma Chen and Grandpa Chen had heard it from the villagers who were invited to the wedding ceremony that the food served on the ceremony was great. Most dishes were heavily meat based, they must have spent a lot of money. The villagers also said that Shen Chi was a lucky person. He and Chen Xiao Cai were going to lead a comfortable life for sure.

Grandpa Chen also felt a bit depressed.

Although Grandpa Chen didn't wear his heart on his sleeve as much as Grandma Chen, he still felt disappointed that the Chen Brothers didn't even bother to inform him about Cai's wedding ceremony. He felt the villagers were all laughing at him for his grandsons all respected Granny Shen instead of him.

Grandpa Chen cast a glimpse at Grandma Chen and said, "All right, talk as much as you wish, it's not going to change the fact that they have renounced us already!"

Grandma Chen was rendered speechless, she just lowered her head in silence.

Even though the betrothal presents that Chen Xiao Cai got for Shen Chi was not as impressive as Lu Cheng Yu for Li Fang Yue, it was still quite a lot. In the past few years, the Chen family didn't show any improvement financially because they had spent all of their income on Chen He and Chen Qu's weddings.

Chen He and Chen Qu would go to town and work as seasonal workers to support their little families, but the pay was terrible. The working condition was far worse than Zhang Rui's, let alone than Chen Xiao Mi's.

Neither Chen He nor Chen Qu was that interested in doing seasonal work due to that.

Grandma Chen looked at Grandpa Chen and said, "This Zhang Rui is doing so great in Chen Xiao Mi's store, shall we ask him to hire He and Qu?"

Grandpa Chen frowned. Everyone in the village knew that the Sino Commercial House was a great place to work at, but they had a very strict hiring system, so far there was no villager got hired by them.

"Xiao Mi won't hire them," Grandpa Chen closed his eyes and let out a sigh, he knew Chen Xiao Mi's personality very well.

Grandma Chen said unhappily, "Our grandsons are way more clever than Zhang Rui."

Grandma Chen seemed to have forgotten than Zhang Rui was also her grandson.

"Save it for Chen Xiao Mi, what's the point of telling me that?" Grandma Chen spluttered.