Chapter 101

Chapter 101: Jam Business as Side Hustle Again

Grandma Chen had stolen a few glances at Lu Lin when he was in the village asking the kids to pick wild berries. Grandma Chen was furious when she saw Zhang Rui.

Grandma Chen couldn't help but recall how Zhang Rui's father Butcher Zhang had scared them away when they went to his house asking for money. They were reduced to laughingstocks due to that, so Grandma Chen hated Butcher Zhang, and she wasn't happy to see Zhang Rui.

Seeing Zhang Rui working for Lu Lin now, Grandma Chen felt like they had ganged up and gave her a hard time, she hated them all.

Grandma Chen sat on the bed and said sullenly, "Married off daughters are like spilled water! I didn't expect Chun'er to be so ruthless, she had ganged up with Xiao Mi and Lu Lin!"

Grandpa Chen was also a little depressed. Since Chen Jing made such a mess, Grandpa Chen hoped that his daughter could share the burden.

If Chen Chun'er was married to an ordinary person, she would definitely give them several taels of silver. However, Chen Chun'er was married to a butcher, and they managed to not give Chen Jing even one tael.

Lu Lin returned to town after he got the wild berries he wanted. The Chen family's grievance didn't affect Lu Lin at all.

As soon as Chen Xiao Mai returned home, he went to Chen Xiao Mi to show off the snake as a precious treasure.

"Big Brother, look, there's a snake in the basket."

"Yes, it's a big snake. It looks so fat!" Unlike Lu Lin, Chen Xiao Mi acted so excited.

Chen Xiao Mi used to catch snakes in the mountains as well.

whenever Chen Xiao Mi caught a snake, the three of them would make fire and eat roasted snake meat in the mountains. Therefore, in Chen Xiao Mai's eyes, snakes were no different from chickens and ducks. He wasn't afraid of snakes at all.

Chen Xiao Mai tilted his head and said, "I showed Lin Gege this, but he didn't even want to look. Qin Ming Gege said that Lin Gege is afraid of snakes. But I don't think so, Lin Gege is so powerful, is he really afraid of snakes?"

Chen Xiao Mi smiled. Lu Lin was indeed afraid of snakes. There was one time when he caught a snake when they were in the mountains together, Lu Lin only approached him after he confirm repeatedly that he had cut the head of the snake.

Chen Xiao Mi rubbed his nose and said, "Your Lin Gege is very powerful, but he just doesn't like snakes. If you catch a snake in the future, you don't have to show it to your Lin Gege, all right?"

Chen Xiao Mai tilted his head and said, "That's so funny, I thought Qin Ming Gege was kidding."

Chen Xiao Mi stroked Chen Xiao Mai's hair with affection, "Mai, don't laugh at your Lin Gege."

......

Lu Lin was busy with unloading all the wild berries from the ox-cart in the yard, having no idea that he was no longer a big and strong manly man in Chen Xiao Mai's little heart.

Chen Xiao Mi came out from his room and looked at the wild berries in the yard. He frowned and said, "Isn't this too much?"

Lu Lin nodded, "Yeah, I've accidently gone too far this time! So, we better deal with them quickly, we can put them in the convenience store for now, but let's start making jam soon. Speaking of jam, can you please buy more jars to store the jam?"

Chen Xiao Mi replied without thinking, "Consider it done."

Zhang Rui and Qin Ming sat in the yard washing the wild berries while Chen Xiao Cai was eating and occasionally washing...