Chapter 73

Chapter 73: Popular Cai

"But it's still early for Cai to consider," Chen Xiao Mi said.

"Not considering getting married, but considering getting engaged, we need to act fast to get Cai a perfect partner!"

Lu Lin couldn't help but think in modern society how parents forbade kids from dating when they were at school, but they would rush their children to just get married after they graduated from university. Not getting married when you were thirty was considered a failure, not only your parent but also the whole society would judge you. And people would just judge you to filth if you have some standard in selecting a partner.

However, Lu Lin knew marriage wasn't something you could rush for.

Chen Xiao Mi rolled his eyes and said, "But no way I'm considering being betrothed to Zheng's daughter."

Chen Xiao Mi knew a little about this Zheng. She was the most notorious shrew in the village. Even if her daughter was a good girl, Chen Xiao Mi frowned at the thought of marrying her daughter to Cai.

"So, I didn't promise her anything," Lu Lin said.

Lu Lin thought that it was just Aunty Zheng who had her eyes on Xiao Cai, but he was wrong, he found that there were quite a few people coming over to 'propose marriage'. Of course, they were doing it in a subtle manner. They would just bring their daughters to the shop and asked the girls to ask Chen Xiao Cai a few random questions, they would exchange some greetings with Lu Lin before they left.

When Aunty Zheng met Lu Lin, she praised her daughter, "My daughter is beautiful, smart, virtuous. And you know what, fortune-tellers all say she can bring good luck to her future husband!"

Although parents always felt that their children were the best, Lu Lin still felt that Aunty Zheng's words were a little exaggerated. How could anyone tell that a ten-year-old girl or so could bring good luck to her future husband!

After a few days, Lu Lin was shocked by how popular Cai was. The arrival of Aunty Zheng seemed to have ushered in a wave of matchmakers and inquiring aunties from the village. Some of the matchmakers would just directly ask Lu Lin what Chen Xiao Cai's type was.

......

Lu Lin said with surprise, "I really didn't expect it! There are so many girls who are interested in our Cai.

Lu Lin couldn't even recall there were how many matchmakers had talked to him about Cai already.

Those matchmakers would just talk on and on with their silver tongues,. However, Lu Lin couldn't just walk away because the other party had no malice, he had to act like he was interested and listen to them attentively despite himself.

Chen Xiao Mi blinked and said, "It's a little unexpected indeed."

Chen Xiao Mi once worried that no one wanted to marry Cai, so he was so glad that Cai was actually quite popular.

"The key is to have money," Lu Lin said.

He didn't agree to anyone's proposal at all, but some women would just mention the ostentation and extravagance of Lu Cheng Yu's wedding when they talked to. 30 tales of silver and 2 gold hairpins as betrothal presents, big red sedan chair and over 100 guests on the wedding ceremony', Lu Lin was well aware why they mentioned that. They were reminding him that they were expecting a big wedding ceremony for their daughter and Chen Xiao Cai.

With Lu Lin and Chen Xiao Mi's savings, it was no big deal at all, but it was unnecessary! Lu Lin still believed in keeping it low-key, especially when Lu Lin didn't trust the public order in this time space. If they were to hold a grand wedding ceremony for Cai, the Lu family and Chen family could still sit still, they would come them for money.