Chapter 88

Chapter 88: The Imperial Examinations and Dolls

Spring returned to the earth after winter passed.

After Chinese New Year, Chen Xiao Cai pestered Lu Lin for going back to Willow Town to reopen the branch there.

The shop in Forest Town had been open the whole time. The sales had hit record high during the New Year season, which made Chen Xiao Cai extremely jealous.

On New Year's Eve, Chen Xiao Mi called Chen Xiao Cai into his room and told Chen Xiao Cai that both stores at Forest Town and Willow Town belonged to them. There was no other 'Big Boss' behind this.

At first, Lu Lin thought that Chen Xiao Cai was too young to handle this 'breaking news'. However, Chen Xiao Mi felt that his brother was already engaged, and he had been a shopkeeper for so long, Xiao Mi thought it was time that Xiao Cai should know the truth.

Chen Xiao Cai had his doubts before Xiao Mi told him the truth, but it still took him a little while to digest this.

Chen Xiao Mi told Chen Xiao Cai that after two years, when he and Shen Chi officially got married, he would transfer the property and the shop in Willow Town to them.

Chen Xiao Cai didn't expect his brother would suddenly mention this. He blushed and declined.

Chen Xiao Cai had a deprived childhood, so did Shen Chi. They both believed in hard work, so they happened to have the same view about going back to Willow Town and started working.

Chen Xiao Mi knew that Chen Xiao Cai was leaving soon, he was reluctant to say goodbye to his brother, but he let him go in the end.

......

When Chen Xiao Cai arrived at Willow Town, he went into overdrive, happily.

Shen Chi looked at Chen Xiao Cai and asked, "Cai, why are you so happy?"

Shen Chi looked at Chen Xiao Cai and felt that Chen Xiao Cai looked inexplicably pumped.

Chen Xiao Cai smiled and said, "It's nothing. I just think our store is going to be re-opened soon. I'm just happy we are going back to work and make money."

Chen Xiao Cai thought that the shop was the big boss's, they were just working for someone else. Now that he knew that the store was his brother and brother-in-law's, he started to see this completely different.

As the shopkeeper of the store, Chen Xiao Cai naturally knew how much money the store would make per month. Chen Xiao Cai did some quick math in his mind, he just found everything too good to be true.

Shen Chi nodded and said, "Yes, I'm excited about going back to work as well."

During the New Year holiday, Lu Lin made quite a lot of delicious food. Shen Chi felt that he didn't deserve to have those yummy dishes because he didn't work much in Forest Town. However, the dishes Lu Lin made were too irresistible, especially the hotpot. When he first tried it, he felt his mouth was on fire, but the more he ate, the more he wanted.

Shen Chi tried so hard to stop eating, but he couldn't control himself.

It was very comfortable to eat hotpot around the stove in winter times. Shen Chi felt he had gained weight.

Shen Chi still couldn't forget how Granny Shen told him that he should watch what he ate now.

Shen Chi scratched his head and thought to himself, 'I need to listen to my grandmother. It's not good to become too fat.'

Chen Xiao Cai glanced at Shen Chi who was in a daze and asked, " Chi, what are you thinking?"

Shen Chi blushed and shook his head, "Nothing."