Trust?

(Charlie's POV)

It was all somewhat of a blur, I was stood in front of my b- ex-boyfriend then before I know it I was on the train home, that BASTARD! That lying, cheating BASTARD! I was sat with my legs on the seat just trying to begin to comprehend that supporting Nick at his first rugby match had turned into coming to terms with life without Nick. I wasn't capable of speaking right now and Aled was respectfully and carefully waiting for me to start conversation. Unfortunately he would be waiting a long time. Tao wasn't here, I remember seeing Nick walking towards me and Tao equally walking forward and stopping him, I was grateful for that because if Nick got any closer he was at least going to get a slap if not worse.

I handed my phone to Aled as we got into the taxi to the station, I didn't want to deal with the tsunami of notifications which were no doubt happening. "I hate my life Aled" I felt his hand pop onto my knee "I... Confess this is certainly a distressing situation and one which could understandably cause you to have those feelings, however, you and Nick are the embodiment of a perfect couple, I believe you will resolve this" I look at him "If we were a perfect couple we wouldn't be in this situation Aled..." He considered "I think it was a misunderstanding, it's not logical for Nick to trade a four year long emotionally invested relationship for a kiss with Ben Hope, I mean, come on!" I put my legs down and thrust my finger in his face, "Don't trivialise this Aled, it's about betrayal, even if it was 'just a kiss' that's a betrayal in itself. Have we had texts?" I add, he raises his eyebrows "That's rhetorical right? I had to turn your phone off Charlie, he wouldn't stop calling" and I sighed and just looked out the window.

---------------------------------

(Nick's POV)

Well, fuck. I have utterly and completely fucked this up, Charlie dragged his best friends to watch me play rugby and BEN kissed me, he took what I told him was a special thing for me and Charlie and he used it against me "What the fuck were you even thinking?! Ben Hope?" Tao said, apparently he'd missed the train and I was hardly in a position to turn him away "No, Tao! Come on! You know me better than that! I would never!" He sat back, as though he was a judge deciding my fate, "I just don't get it, that was yours and Charlie's rugby thing, why were you doing it with Ben?" I fell onto my bed, the energy for pacing seeming to have left me, I texted Aled

'Do you know if he.. still has the necklace on?' 

Aled replies immediately

'Yes, he won't leave the bloody thing alone, p.s: How is Tao.'

Not to disrespect Aled but Tao's wellbeing could wait, after all I'm sure he was loving getting to scorn me for my stupid decision to trust Ben Hope.

--------------------------------------

Our Queen 👑: Not a single rugby related update? I'm disappointed guys.

Darcy: I must admit, for something so romantic I expected loads of messages yet all I see is Radio Silence...

Curtain hair 💆: Ah yeah, um so about the rugby game..

Literal Jock 🏈: Ffs, Ben Hope kissed me Charlie saw then he left.

Our Queen 👑: FUCKING WHAT

Charlie bear reset their name

Charlie Spring: Excuse me, Ben Hope did not just 'kiss you' let's be clear, you were holding his hands copying OUR RUGBY RITUAL and what? You think that's okay? Go on Nick, diminish this betrayal of trust again, honestly, I can't wait to see what shit you come up with next 👍

Literal Jock 🏈  reset their name

Nick Nelson: Char my heart belongs to you, you know that, after everything we've been through together do you really think I could want anyone else?!

Charlie Spring: Then explain your fucked up actions, tell me how I'm supposed to be okay when the person I care about most in the entire fucking WORLD is kissing another guy after TWO WEEKS?!

Nick Nelson: Okay I know it's a technicality but I didn't kiss him, he kissed me, and it all happened so fast! He took advantage of me because I was nervous about the match IT MEANT NOTHING TO ME, HE MEANS NOTHING TO ME, SAY THE WORD AND I'LL NEVER SPEAK TO HIM AGAIN. I need you to trust me, please.

Charlie Spring: Trust? Are you joking..

Nick Nelson: Char please.. I love you

Charlie Spring: I can't do this. I just, I can't.

Nick Nelson: Charlie

Nick Nelson: What are you saying?

Our Queen 👑: Oh god this cannot be happening...

A/N: I apologise if this isn't up to normal quality, I think I may be suffering from brain fog after my brush with Covid, it's making writing a LOT harder than it otherwise would be. Stay healthy and happy - J :)