Elle and Charlie (Offshoot 2)

Context: It's the night that Charlie found out Nick got into a fight with Harry. (Are offshoots a good idea? I'm enjoying writing them but idk if I should just stick to the chain, thoughts?)

Charlie: Hey, you busy?

Elle: Not at all, I just finished a drawing for Art class, what's up?

Charlie: I needed a non judgemental person to get advice from.

Elle: I'd of thought you'd go to Nick for deep stuff ngl.

Charlie: I would, but I'm not sure asking him "hey Nick, how should I break up with you without hurting you?" Would be a particularly good idea..

Elle: Right, what ridiculous ideas have you got in your head now?

Charlie: Elle take this seriously, Nick got into a fight with Harry because of me, he's abandoning friendships because of our 'friendship', when I saw him in form he was so sad, I can't defend him to Harry and the rest. I'm so useless. I need to cut this 'thing' we have off so he can just go back to being happy.

Elle: Oh Charlie, how I love your ridiculous innocence.

Charlie: ELLE TAKE THIS SERIOUSLY

Elle: For goodness sake Charlie, you forget, I had classes with Rugby King Nelson, that symbol of toxic masculinity is dead, sorry but it's true, instead in his place we have Charlie's Nick, a happy guy who spends ALL his time when we hang out just staring at you in awe, seriously, he literally stares at you waiting for you to smile, it's adorable.

Charlie: I wish it were that simple Elle, I've ruined his life, he's getting into fights, this morning I teared up about him being injured then he almost cried because he wanted to ditch his friends we were both sat there in form a total wreck.

Elle: Do you love him?

Charlie: Excuse me?

Elle: Do you, Charles Francis Spring, love Nicholas Luke Nelson?

Charlie: Why are you asking me that?

Elle: Answer the question.

Charlie: No

Elle: Oh, so you don't love him? Okay break up with him then.

Charlie: No I didn't mean no I don't I meant I don't want to think about that right now. FFS Elle we're talking about me breaking up with him what does love have to do with that?

Elle: Everything.

Charlie: STOP BEING CRYPTIC AND MAKE SENSE WOMAN JESUS CHRIST

Elle: The frustration you're feeling isn't even comparable to the frustration I felt when I read "I've ruined his life" Charlie you literally turned the straightest guy I've ever met onto the LGBT+ bus and you want to dump him? It's very obvious that he's hopelessly in love with you, remember when he took your hand and you ran down the corridor to the concert? The smile he gave you when he squeezed your hand, don't think I didn't notice. So no, I'm sorry but I refuse to indulge this delusion that you and Nick need to separate. SPEAK TO YOUR FUTURE MAN YOU RIDICULOUS BOY 🧡🧡🧡🧡

Charlie: oh, well I'm not really sure what to say to that actually. Thanks I guess? I mean, I hope it works, I really really hope it works. And yeah, I think I do love him actually 😭